Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regulatory & Public Policy department of the Corporate Affairs division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department – Regulatory & Public Policy, the Manager, Competition will be expected to provide day-to-day advisory and support services in relation to competition matters in the telecommunications sector in order to help shape the business’s long-term strategy and commercial policies. The Manager, Competition will also manage and monitor compliance in line with competition legislation.
- To interpret Legislation/Regulations and prepare detailed opinions/ legal advice for Safaricom on local and global competition matters.
- Being able to provide analysis and interpreting essential costing and pricing fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze the issues to consider when establishing a pricing strategy, including the legal and regulatory constraints that can affect pricing decisions.
- To interpret and prepare detailed advisories for Safaricom on the company’s options for compliance with regulatory and license requirements as applied from time to time by relevant regulators.
- To review and provide advice to Safaricom on emerging competition trends in the global telecommunications industry and provide guidance on how to navigate these matters.
- Embedding an effective competition compliance programme throughout the business by partnering with a wide range of cross-functional teams to coordinate and implement the compliance program and initiatives.
- Working within a team to respond to any competition queries or matters raised by relevant regulators.
- Representing Safaricom’s position at relevant forums related to the role.
- Forging and managing relationships with key stakeholders within the competition universe.
- Developing best practice metrics for Safaricom while benchmarking with external markets in competition management.
- Degree in Economics, Business, Commerce or related business-related discipline from a recognized University. An MBA is an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the Telecommunications or affiliated industry in a similar role
- Strong exposure in a regulatory, competition authority or oversight role.
- Demonstrable awareness of local and global market activity with knowledge of trends and patterns in competition policy.
- Deep understanding of the Safaricom’s business, it’s market and industry alongside key decision-makers and influencers in account organisation
- Good grasp of competition regulations in Kenya and globally
- Proven ability to influence at senior levels, particularly in dealing with internal and external senior executives on a range of issues
- Strong team player and excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 30, 2021
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.