Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are a dynamic Savings and Credit Co-operative Society committed to excellence and quality service. Due to our rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of a Senior Credit Officer – Recoveries. Reporting to the Credit Manager, the position holder will be in charge of the loan book ensuring timely recoveries of non-performing loans and monitor performing loan accounts ensuring they do not drop into NPL loan category.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide effective leadership and strategies to the debt recovery staff, reduce the PAR for non-performing loans and provide high quality services within the agreed service levels.
- Owner and in charge of PAR management.
- In charge of the loss provision category.
- Timely follow-up of deceased claims from the Sacco insurer.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for recovery of all loans.
- Undertake a daily review of all Performing and Watch accounts to ensure that the risk does not move to the next classification and action taken on those accounts that are showing signs of deterioration.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of provision reports and forwarding to the credit manager and the credit committee for action.
- Instituting recovery measures for all delinquent loans and releasing available guarantee /securities.
- Ensuring timely collection of checkoffs /remittance and reconciliation from corporates.
- Coordinating with the External debt collectors on performance of accounts outsourced.
- Negotiate payment arrangements/plans with members who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare and send notices to guarantors who have guaranteed delinquent loans.
- Prepare CRB listing notification and prompt listing of delinquent loans.
- Regular Field visits to defaulters.
- Liaise with Cooperative Tribunal on management of delinquent loans.
- Dealing with all inquiries from members on their statements, loans and savings accounts on both phone and emails.
- Timely notification and repossession of charged collaterals.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
• A Degree in Commerce / Business Administration or an equivalent.
• CCP II / CPA II qualifications is mandatory.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a financial institution.
• Experience in Sacco is mandatory.
Key Skills & Competences:
• Willingness to learn and be flexible in the working arrangements.
• Use initiative to plan own work schedule to meet deadlines.
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as member of the team and multi-task.
• Self-driven and proactive in collection activities.
• Result oriented, proven collections experience
Applications must be accompanied by the following certificates in compliance with chapter 6 of the constitutions: HELB clearance, Certificate of good conduct less than 12 months, CRB clearance certificate.
The application to be sent through Saccocommittee@Safaricom.co.ke latest COB 30/04/2021. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.