Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
A leading furniture retailer is seeking to hire a qualified person in the role of a Purchasing Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Purchasing department, with a team of 2 people
- Manage the sourcing of imported and local products for trade
- Manage supplier relationships and communications
- Manage administration and process of importation, including calculating landed costs and proposing
- Develop suitable product range plan for each market segment
- Develop a buying schedule for the year
- Closely monitor sales for all products and ensure availability of stock at all times
- Define and determine the promotional strategies for product in the branch
- Manage Projects including quotations, supply and delivery
- Report to management on purchasing, on a regular basis, with an ability to use Excel and PowerPoint effectively, and analyse data to infer strategies for management
- Manage stock days and creditor days that are optimal for the company
- Required to visit branches and liaise with Branch managers
- May be required to travel overseas for fairs
The job holder should ideally possess:
- · A Diploma in Purchasing Management or CPA proficient
- · Must have B grade and above in KCSE or equivalent
- · Good reporting skills including the use of PowerPoint
- · Excellent knowledge in Excel
- · Good communication and interpersonal skills
- · Must be people centric, energetic and self-driven
- · Must be a member of KISM.
- The ideal job holder should have:
- · Minimum of 5 years experience in dealing with imports.
Kindly send us your CV and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 27th April 2021.