Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Community Development Foundation is a national foundation founded in 1997, to support communities to initiate and drive their own development agenda, by harnessing and growing their resources, as well as engaging with government and other development actors to secure their fundamental rights and services.
County Household Economic Strengthening Technical Officer (5 Positions)
Reporting to the Household Economic Strengthening Manager, the County HES Technical Officer will support HES activities within USAID 4TheChild by providing coordination, accompaniment mentorship & coaching, training & technical support to local implementing partners (LIPs) focusing on implementing and managing farm enterprises, financial education, market opportunity identification/assessment, and entrepreneurship and business development services. S/he will support LIPs to liaise with relevant line government ministries and programs, the private sector, and other technical experts and agencies, to support household graduation and transition.
• Support project sustainability towards self-reliance through the application of evidence-based HES strategies.
• Work closely with the Case Management and System Strengthening personnel in the 4TheChild Project to adapt existing case management approaches to better support HES and develop tools and benchmarks to track household progress.
• Facilitate capacity building for LIPs staff and where applicable, target communities through training, workshops, facilitated group interactions, as well as accompaniment through regular communication and site visits to support the successful implementation of HES project activities across local implementing partners.
• Support LIPs and where applicable, communities to coordinate with government officials at all levels, strengthening appropriate coordination, and technical support in implementation and follow-up of HES activities.
• Ensure that HES related activities are appropriately planned and costed for in the County and LIPs sustainability plans.
• Build capacity of LIPs on evidence based livelihoods models to better manage enterprises and engage with established markets.
• Build capacity of LIPs and other relevant stakeholders to train village-level savings groups in the seven steps of marketing (market analysis, access to information and inputs, working with financial institutions, business plan development) and link them to local markets, existing associations, financial institutions, and companies working in the agriculture sector.
• Work closely with LIPs and farmer groups to provide technical assistance, including to farmerfocused village level savings (VSL) groups and caregiver groups where appropriate.
• Coordinate with social enterprise service providers in provision of livestock and crop products and other productive assets in order to encourage farm and off farm enterprises.
Required skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business
- Management, Community Development or a closely related field. A Masters Degree in any of
- the above fields will be an added advantage.
- At least a minimum five years’ experience in HES programming in Kenya or other developing countries.
- Experience working with small scale farmers and/or value-chain development, business development, entrepreneurship and financial services institutions with a focus on vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization, management and mediation among local actors and partner capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery, coaching, and mentorship in subject matter(s) relevant to this position.
Method of application
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees. The deadline for submission of applications must be received no later than 7 th May 2021. NOTE: • KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. • KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment. • KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in writing.