Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Manager
Kenya Community Development Foundation is a national foundation founded in 1997, to support communities to initiate and drive their own development agenda, by harnessing and growing their resources, as well as engaging with government and other development actors to secure their fundamental rights and services.
Key responsibilities and roles
• Provide technical leadership to LIPs on household economic interventions
• Support development of scopes of work in relation to HES activities. Includes executing baselines and research in the area of HES to inform programming
• Work closely with the OVC and DREAMS Service Delivery Manager and System Strengthening Manager to adapt existing case management approaches to better support HES and develop tools and benchmarks to track household progress.
• Lead and provide capacity strengthening to LIP staff and, where applicable, target communities through training, workshops, facilitated group interactions, as well as accompaniment through regular communication and site visits to support the successful implementation of HES project activities across the cluster Counties.
• Support LIPs and where applicable, communities to coordinate with government officials at all levels, strengthening appropriate coordination and technical support in implementation and follow-up of HES activities.
• Build capacity of LIPs on livelihoods models to better manage enterprises and engage with established markets.
• Work with County HES Technical Officers, LIPs and County program teams to enhance access to income, assets and health insurance for OVC, adolescents, girls, youth, women and their households
• Overall responsibility for building the capacity of LIPs, village savings groups in the seven steps of marketing (market analysis, access to information and inputs, working with financial institutions, business plan development) and guide County HES Coordinators and LIPS to link to
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business
- Management, Community Development or a closely related field. A Masters Degree in any of
- the above fields will be an added advantage.
- At least a minimum seven years’ experience in HES programming in Kenya or other developing countries.
- Experience working with small scale farmers and/or value-chain development, business
- development, entrepreneurship, financial services institutions with a focus on vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, organization, management and mediation among local actors and partner capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in training design, delivery, coaching, and mentorship in subject matter(s) relevant to this position
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining the cooperation of individuals and managing relationships to achieve results.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Method of application
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees. The deadline for submission of applications must be received no later than 7 th May 2021. NOTE: • KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. • KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment. • KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in writing.