Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Community Development Foundation is a national foundation founded in 1997, to support communities to initiate and drive their own development agenda, by harnessing and growing their resources, as well as engaging with government and other development actors to secure their fundamental rights and services.
Kenya Community Development Foundation -Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening.
Provide leadership to the projects sustainability agenda towards journey to self-reliance.
• Lead routine LIPs organizational capacity assessments, setting of institutional development milestones and support towards their realization. Identify capacity gaps for the CSOs and CBOs and develop programs and interventions to address the same to better support adolescents, girls, youth, women and OVC household graduation/transition.
• Develop and/or update training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, as well as supervisory systems needed to build capacity of local organizations and enable them to meet the needs and expectations of USAID 4TheChild program.
• Facilitate identification and adopting of technical solutions by LIPs, remotely and on-site, in the areas of strategic planning, M&E, resource mobilization, governance & leadership, financial management, among others, to ensure high quality implementation and institutional growth/sustainability.
• While working with other relevant project staff, support the Department of Children Services to strengthen the use and reporting using the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
• Work closely with 4 TheChild team on setting organizational capacity building priorities and directions, and responding to partner requests for technical support.
• Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to organizational capacity building to inform adjustments in project implementation.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Business Administration or a closely related field. A
- Masters Degree in Organizational Capacity Building, Strategic Management or Project Planning will be an added advantage.
- At least six years’ progressive experience in Facilitating Organizational Development, Capacity Building, Systems Strengthening and Sustainability.
- Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Kenyan CSO sector, its growth, challenges, opportunities and legal frameworks that govern its operations.
- Excellent analytical and policy articulation skills, communication, writing, public speaking, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated experience in working with and growing teams.
- Excellent proposal writing and fundraising skills with demonstrable success in fundraising and the ability to coach and mentor LIPs on the same.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible, versatile and open minded in contributing to other relevant organizational goals and objectives.
Experience working with state and non-state stakeholders collaboratively.
Skills and abilities
Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural, team-oriented environment
Skilled in influencing and obtaining the cooperation of individuals and managing relationships to achieve results.
Ability to support partners to ensure adherence to financial guidelines.
Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Willingness to be based in any of the following Counties: Kisumu or Kakamega.
Method of application
Applications by qualified candidates should be submitted only by email to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director and quoting the position Technical Lead, Capacity Building & Systems Strengthening. Attach your current résumé and daytime contacts of three referees. The deadline for submission of applications must be received no later than 7 th May 2021. NOTE: • KCDF is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. • KCDF does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, KCDF has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment. • KCDF recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Includes a robust safeguarding and code of conduct that all staff commit to adhere to in writing.