Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kisumu Specialists Hospital is a 50-bed hospital providing comprehensive specialty medical care to the lake basin regions. We offer emergency, inpatient, and outpatient medical services. From day one we have been committed to bringing the people of this region advanced medicare technologies and expertise. As a doctor-owned hospital, our physicians advocate for the equipment and procedures that generate better results. Our mission is to offer world-class care and services to our patients, our communities, and one another. We aim to be your health partner for life.
Kisumu Specialists Hospital is recruiting a suitable candidate to fill the above position. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team in KSH to offer world-class care and services to our patients.
To effectively add value on enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice at KSH.
Reporting to the Hospital Accountant
- Warmly receive and ably guide patients in relation to hospital’s services, charges and general enquiries.
- Satisfactorily handle cash sales and process payments in form of cash, debit cards and M-pesa.
- Perform billing, receive cash and issue receipts for payments received from outpatient clients.
- Efficiently process insurance, NHIF and other corporate clients in keeping with existing billing guidelines and pricing policy. Knowledge of medical insurance cards and processes
- Good understanding of Kisumu Specialists Hospital services and attendant charges.
- In liaison with billing office, inpatient department and pharmacy, confirm bills, receive payments, issue receipts/invoice and provide discharge slips to inpatients during discharge.
- Adhere to cash management procedures including confirmation of opening/closing cash balances, confirming payments received from clients, issuing correct change where necessary, observing cash holding limits, maintaining adequate change denomination, reconciling and keeping safe custody of cash at hand.
- Accurately post all transactions in a Medical ERP system and maintain receipts and other supporting documents.
- Prepare and seek proper authorization and post credit sales, cash refunds and discounts, backed by relevant documentation.
- Prepare accurate sales summary and other daily reports for daily handing over process.
- Perform proper hand over process and maintain suitable end-to-end tracking of issues pertaining to cash office operations.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and report any repairs and maintenance requirements.
- Maintain adequate levels of stationery and other supplies used in the cash office.
- Carry out banking of daily cash collections in the morning while leaving from night duty.
- Any other duties assigned by the accountant.
- CPA Part II
- University degree (Bachelor of Commerce degree will be and added advantage)
- 3 years’ relevant experience
- Have an up-to-date certificate of Good Conduct
- Be of high integrity, professional and amiable.
- Experience in cash handling
- Capacity to listen, understand and learn quickly in diverse areas within Finance and the hospital at large
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relations and people handling skills
- Computer knowledge in Word and Excel
- Knowledge and experience working with Hospital Management Information Systems HMIS / ERPs will be an added advantage
- Up to date with happenings in health sector
Method of application
Send Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and attach supporting credentials to email@example.com to reach us no later than: 30th April 2021 at 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted