Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancies In The Department Of Health Services – Psychological Counsellors
PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLORS – (16 POSTS)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting client intake,
- Individual and group counseling sessions;
- Conducting emergency counseling on need basis
- Conducting counseling outreach services to community and institutions
- Keeping appropriate records and giving monthly reports;
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned.
Requirements for appointment:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling Psychology (Counseling) or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution or A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Education Psychology (Guidance and Counseling), Social Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology plus a Diploma in Counseling Psychology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership of a counseling professional body recognized by the Counselors and Psychologists Board.
- Experience of at least 5 years in counseling in a busy set up
- Valid practicing license issued by the Counselors and Psychologists Board
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Psychological Debriefing Course lasting not less than one week;
- Letter of recommendation from current employer where applicable
- A Master’s Degree in counseling will be added advantage
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:-
- Organizational, managerial and administrative skills
- Positive working attitude and ability to give and take instructions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Professionalism and integrity
- Interpersonal skills including being a team player
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to keep confidentiality of clients’ information
- Record Keeping skills
- Being able to work under strenuous condition
- A person of integrity
- Supervisory management
- Policy implementation
- Oral/Written Communication skills
- Target setting
- Administration skills
- Team leadership; and
- Problem solving
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing Duly filled Makueni County Job Application Form, Current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday 7th May, 2021.
- The Job Application Form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board Application Form
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.