Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Chief of Party – East Africa Cross-border Resilience
The USAID RISE IDIQ Cross-border Resilience (CBR) Program aims to support efforts across multiple borders in East Africa in the journey towards establishing resilience in the Moyale, Karamoja, and Mandera regions. The Cross-border Resilience project will be structured to strengthen regional systems and institutions that expand resilience through strengthening individual households and livelihoods, and lead to increased flow of affordable and safe food, transforming and improving short- and long-term capacity to respond to shocks and stresses. The program’s activities are expected to build systems- level resilience to drought, climate change and conflict; strengthen livelihoods in relation to agriculture. farming, and food systems, contribute to reducing humanitarian needs; and build the capacity of governments in the region to prepare for, respond to, and recover from shocks and stresses, both natural and man-made.
This engagement with resilience is aimed to be achieved through 1) implementing integrated, complementary, and mutually reinforcing activities across the region, 2) sharing and scaling best practices in resilience across the region, and 3) identifying and promoting shared measurement of resilience across the region. Resilience efforts will work with a variety of stakeholders (regional and member state institutions, private sector, civil society and implementing partners) to address regional issues, such as: harmonizing policies, promoting regional integration, increasing economic opportunities, and facilitating trade and cross-border activities that promote resilience. These resilience activities will focus on efforts that increase cross border trade and access to safe, nutritious food and will complement other USAID and donor initiatives.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to manage program operations and administration and support technical tasks for the USAID RISE Cross-border Resilience (CBR) Program. The DCOP will assist the COP in overseeing and managing individuals with the technical team and assist in collaborations with multiple partners and staff in the field with support from the headquarters office. The DCOP will oversee financial and administrative activities and must ensure overall compliance with USAID rules and regulations, financial management, international and local personnel recruitment and management, subcontractor management, and project start-up and close-out. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon project award.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with and support the COP on all tasks including liaising with USAID, senior government officials and counter parts, the donor community, and other USAID programs
- Provide important technical expertise and oversight of technical personnel
- Provide oversight for implementation of program activities, with responsibility (in collaboration with the COP) for the development of high-quality and timely deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to USAID and Abt Associates requirements
- Provide leadership, management and support strategic direction for the program
- Provide oversight of collaboration between staff and partners across the regions specified
- Provide management and oversight for all cross-cutting deliverables and reporting
- A Master’s degree relating to resilience, livelihood programming, policy, climate, food security, famine, and/or community engagement
- 10 years of experience managing international development projects as a senior manager, especially in resilience, livelihood programming, climate, food security, famine, and conflict
- Prior USAID DCOP experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working in crisis/fragile areas, preferably in East Africa
- Knowledge of and experience with food market systems in East Africa and good understanding of regional organizations working in food security, early warning and resilience (IGAD, FEWSNET, EAC)
- Good understanding of the regional economic and political context
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
- Fluency in English required
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to apply Deadline is 29th May,2021