Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will perform amongst others the following functions:
1.0 Financial Management:
• Direct and lead the preparation of financial reports including weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports to the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the implementation of effective financial management systems and controls to ensure that the Agency’s assets are adequately safeguarded and accurate and reliable financial reporting is produced.
• Ensure accurate and up to date books of accounts are maintained in accordance with relevant international standards and requirements.
• Coordinate the preparation and consolidation of the Agency’s budget and 5-year business plan including monitoring and reporting of the same.
• Planning, coordinating and managing implementation of resources to ensure allocations support the achievement of the Agency’s strategic direction, operating plans and overall objectives.
• Coordinate the preparation and, consolidation of budgets, and financial reports for donors when operationalizing and staffing new offices.
• Manage and oversee the preparation, finalization and publication of annual accounts in the Agency’s annual report.
• Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors and provide assistance as required.
• Ensure timely administration and processing of payroll and submission of statutory deductions.
• Authorize all necessary payments within the business.
• Oversee the digital transformation of the finance department.
• Monitor capital invested to ensure maximized returns, adherence to investment guidelines and risk mitigation.
• Ensure the investment programme is in line with investment guidelines approved by the Board and timely reporting of the same.
• Maximizing return on invested funds while preserving capital by identifying investment opportunities, expanding relationships with the investment community, and proposing revisions of ATI’s investment policy and asset allocation when necessary.
• Propose investment options to the Management Investment Committee (MIC) for approval taking into consideration risks and liquidity.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Banks, Fund managers, Lenders, Donors and other stakeholders.
3.0 Other duties
• Regularly participate in management meetings, and carry out any other duties as may be required by the agency.
• Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of the finance and accounting staff, ensuring the right balance of technical, analytical and leadership skills within the team.
4.0 Key relationships
The role reports to the CEO and interacts with all staff; members of Board (when presenting quarterly financial reports, and on issues of corporate governance at the Board level); shareholders (facilitating their joining the Agency) and will occasionally interact with donors (e.g. for grant’s agreements, procurement of the contracts and during contract negotiations); service providers (e.g. when managing contracts) and occasionally with the media (interviews).
5.0 Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The person should have the following attributes:
1. Qualifications: An honors first degree or its equivalent plus professional accounting qualifications such as CPA,CA or ACCA and a Master’s degree in Business Administration or an Advanced degree in finance/ accounting. Knowledge and experience with IFRS 9, 13 and 17 is highly desirable.
2. Languages: High level competencies in English and knowledge in French is an added advantage
3. Membership of Professional Body: CFO should be member of a professional body such as CA, ICPAK, CIMA, ACCA or such other bodies.
4. Skills and Experience: At least 20 years in financial management, of which 10 years should have been in a senior managerial role. Adequate experience handling Investment Management is also highly desirable. Experience working in multilateral and multi-cultural organization is required and a background in banking or insurance or Trade finance, or Trade insurance is essential. Experience with Political risk insurance and Exposure to development issues are desirable
5. Key Competencies: Planning and organization skills, Strategic thinking, Customer and Service focus, Leading and managing people, Analytical and problem solving skills, Good communication and interpersonal skills and Negotiating skills
How to Apply for CFO Position:
Please note that Riverhouse Partners Ltd has been exclusively retained to manage the recruitment of the Chief Financial Officer. For more information on the job description, click here
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
- Application Letter
- CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
- Personal History Form
The closing date for the CFO position is Saturday, 15 May 2021 at Midnight East African time.