Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AKU Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Manager, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management will manage and optimize CAPEX and OPEX Procurement and Supply Chain operations; and will procure OPEX (Medical and Non-Medical) and CAPEX (Medical and Non-Medical) for Hospital, University, Outreach and for any other site that the institute directs. S/he will manage the PSCMD inventory locations and control item movement into and from the department.
- Ensure accurate transactions and purchase order approvals as per approval matrix.
- Lead the teams in ensuring that the users’ supplies requirements are met.
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained within stocking locations at MMD.
- Monitor hospital wide inventory levels and alert users on high inventory levels.
- Sign-off on month end and stock take reports.
- Co-ordinate the quarterly stock count and submit the variance explanations to Finance.
- Lead the team in ensuring timely submission of supplier invoices to Finance.
- Define responsibilities and functions of subordinate positions and assist in establishing staff requirements and scheduling.
- Guide coordinators in review and development of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Work collaboratively with users and supply chain leadership to develop and maintain processes designed to ensure quality service delivery.
- Lead the team in development and implementation of quality improvement programs in the supply chain function.
- Coach the team members on JCIA, ISO and Quality Systems departmental compliance.
- Prepare reports on Key Performance Indicators and complete data requests.
- Liaise with ICT for PSCMD’s information needs and with Finance during internal and external audits.
- Perform corrective action for system errors experienced by users.
- Facilitate departmental leave approval and oversee the system’s master functions, all user creation requests and mark-up due to change in purchase costs.
- Master’s degree (an additional diploma/ degree in Supply Chain Management would be an added advantage);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an equivalent role;
- Should have led a team of minimum 5-7 executives and at least one Assistant Manager;
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation and support of information systems.
- Experience in supply chain or logistics and operations in a busy setup.
- Commendable leadership, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Good analytical, documentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
Closing Date: 07/05/2021, 9:59:00 PM