Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HFC Limited, the banking and property finance subsidiary of HF Group has an exciting opportunity in our Company Secretarial & Legal Services Division.We are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance, excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Reporting To: Head of Legal
Overall Job Purpose
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s and associate companies (together the Bank) interests are safeguarded and secured from legal and contractual liability and also assist in conducting legal research and reviewing of existing and new statutes as well as advising on the new legal issues arising to ensure statutory and contractual compliance by the Bank.
- Support the Bank and its subsidiaries by providing legal services, identifying and managing legal risk in Kenya and liaising directly with the Bank’s business and support units as appropriate.
- Drafting and reviewing bank-wide legal related documentation for use by the Company including loan securities, leases and contracts, and constant evaluation & monitoring of the agreements that the Bank is party to mitigate legal risk of non-compliance with continuing obligations
- Liaising with investigators, valuers, debt collectors & external lawyers on debt collection, and instructing external lawyers to sue for recovery of outstanding debts if unsecured or when appropriate, and when required, representing the Bank in courts, tribunals arbitrations & other legal fora
- Liaise as required with external lawyers and assist in the preparation of the required pleadings and regularly update the litigation report. Constant evaluation and monitoring of the Litigation turnaround time (TAT) and liaising with the Company’s external Lawyers in this regard
- Monitoring and following up on Kenyan legislation as well as advising the Bank on the impact of existing and newly enacted legislation on the Bank’s overall activities, and providing guidance to management and the Bank on the law, legal matters, rules and regulations affecting the Bank, its projects and its operations and ensuring legal compliance thereof
- Vetting & approving lease documents for lease premises owned by the Company and those rented by the Company from third parties
- Drafting, perusing & approving all contracts and agreements the Company enters into as may be required by the Company from time to time, including leases, licenses,
- From time to time conduct review of financing proposals and suggest best possible legal structure and documentation for deal transactions
- Liaising with and providing full support and assistance to the external professionals on all legal documentation including securities, litigation matters etc on behalf of the Bank
- Protect members and stakeholders’ rights, privileges and interests in intellectual property and other product innovations, processes through patents and copyrights and take the necessary action to protect and preserve such rights from infringement.
- Training staff on Securities and other matters of a legal nature in liaison or collaboration with external counsel.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Diploma of Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ relevant working experience in law and in banking.
- Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Registered CPS with the Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya is an added advantage
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong people management and decision making skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the Banking regulatory law.
- Analytical skills.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2021