Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the role
M-KOPA is seeking to hire three Senior Product Managers to lead their back-end and mobile product charters. This role sits at the nexus between the business and technology to drive the software development of the features our customers want most. This is a unique opportunity to drive products that are touched by millions of African users and create real impact.
- Own either our suite of back-end services that powers customer facing features and internal tools or our mobile app, depending on the role assigned.
- Work closely with market research teams to understand user needs, define product vision, and advocate for the voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle.
- Solicit big ideas from our customers and all corners of the business and distill them into our product backlog.
- Help diverse business stakeholders come to consensus on backlog prioritization and clarify relevant trade-offs.
- Manage the product to achieve goals and hit feature launch timelines.
- Collaborate closely with engineering during the development cycle to make judgment calls as engineering constraints arise, with a bias towards shipping valuable work each sprint and iteratively improving on it later.
- Write feature specifications in user stories along with acceptance criteria in Gherkin syntax format.
- Work closely with designers to develop and refine wire frames and process flows to ensure a delightful user experience.
- Lead the team by influence, modeling Product Management best practices for the product team and the business. You are comfortable advocating for process improvements that will clear the path for you to do your best work.
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role, ideally at a product company
- Experience working with products at some level of scale (doesn’t need to be in the millions of users, but at least tens of thousands)
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially technical writing
- Ability to work closely with engineers and designers and “speak their language”
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience working on B2C products.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup culture.
- Comfortable writing in Gherkin format.
- SQL/programming knowledge.
- Ability to read/write API documentation.
Apply by 04 May 2021