Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for providing laboratory services in support of water treatment & sewer operations; ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; provide training on proper laboratory test procedures and sample collection processes; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Routine, ad-hoc and timely collection testing and analysis of water samples as required by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB).
2. Prepare and submit water quality test results and analysis and maintain test reports.
3. Advise the technical team on the water quality levels and appropriate actions to be taken.
4. Operate and maintain water quality testing and analysis laboratory.
5. Sustain quality standards and specifications.
6. Operate and maintain safe custody of materials, tools and equipment for water quality testing and analysis.
7. Prepare chemical mixing and dosing schedules and instructions.
8. Instruct and supervise operators for water treatment works and reservoir attendants on water quality, chemical mixing, and dosing.
9. In liaison with the Human Resource Department, train and or recommend for training new or existing personnel or operators for water treatment works and reservoir attendants on Water quality, chemical mixing, and dosing.
10. Collect review chemical mixing and dosing schedules and reports from branches.
11. Collect, review, chemical delivery, usage, and chemical quantity balances reports from branches.
12. Request collect and deliver chemicals to the water treatment stations and reservoirs.
13. Ensure, operationalize, and observe approved occupational safety and healthy rules and guidelines reporting any breach to head of human resource department through human resource officer.
14. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all the above and or as prescribed by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB).
15. Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
16. Raise the necessary Procurement Request related to water quality Laboratory and ensure that water treatment chemicals and reagents are always available
1. Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with a bias on Water quality control
2. In-depth skills and knowledge in Water quality control/Analysis
3. Understanding of WHO/WASREB/KEBS drinking water standards guidelines.
4. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, at least 1 years in Humanitarian or working in water quality control laboratory as Laboratory Technologist, Water Laboratory Technician or Water Quality Analyst
• Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biological, Microbiological and Applied Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related field from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer applications.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
2. Excellent ability to coherently lead and manage diverse spread-out teams
3. Excellent analytical skills
4. High level of computer literacy
5. Good community mobilization skills
6. Individual and group facilitative capacity building skills
7. Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
8. Excellent program evaluative and report writing skills.
In addition to the above qualifications ALL candidates MUST fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 which include: –
• Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations.
• Clearance from the Director of Public Prosecutions.
• Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
• Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau; and
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Terms of Service and Remuneration
Successful candidates will serve on probation for a minimum period of six (6) months and later be translated to 5 years contract which shall be renewable based on performance.
Interested persons should submit their applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) including certified copies of academic testimonials, professional certificates, national identity card, and two (2) coloured passport size photos via email: email@example.com To be received on or before Wednesday, 30th April 2021 5.00pm.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Nakuru Rural Water and Sanitation Company Limited,
P. O. BOX 386 – 20100,
STANLEY MATHENGE ROAD
NARUWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.