Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As a member of the Technical & Consulting Unit, the role is responsible for running the day to day administrative and financial tasks of the unit, focusing on contract management, financial planning and reporting and working with the broader finance team on analysis particular to the income generated from external and internal consultancies by the unit.
The T&C Unit is responsible for the delivery of technical assistance externally and internally as well as the provision of thought leadership across all of Practical Action’s thematic areas. The role will be expected to work with members of the team on cost recovery models to maximize efficiency in spend across the organization.
The main responsibilities of the Finance & Admin Assistant will include but not be limited to the following:
Leadership and Strategic Alignment
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for the RCO’s strategic business plan (SBP) and provide data for analysis specifically on income generated from consulting and technical advice.
- Support routine quarterly and annual reporting against the SBP and the preparation of financial sections.
- Provide financial data and analysis to feed into business development processes.
- Ensure full cost recovery for all PAC staff and determine and implement cost saving strategies.
- Work with award management on the consultancy contacts and compliance management, including due diligence processes and award close out.
Specific financial accountabilities within the role include:
- Preparing and tracking invoices for assignments and following up to ensure income is received and recognized within the system.
- Reviewing the Unit’s financial monthly budget holder reports and working with the head of unit on providing budget notes.
- Support the team in accounting and reconciling expenses for work floats taken. Preparing account accruals whenever necessary.
- Submitting the unit timesheets to finance.
- Assist in booking statutory deductions online.
Administrative accountabilities within the role include:
- Managing general correspondences on behalf of Technical & Consulting Unit
- Preparing minutes of meetings relating to the Unit if and when required
- Handles training and workshops logistics for the Unit
- Accurate filing of project documents and correspondence
- Support development of ToRs and staffing needs for projects/consultancies
To be successful in the role, you will be a graduate in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field rom a reputable University with qualifications in accounting i.e. CPA or ACCA. Working experience of at least 2 years in a similar position and practical experience in the use of the Internet, email and MS Office applications is essential. Previous experience working with the SUN system and short /long term consultancy assignments are essential.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including an updated CV with a cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th May 2021 indicating ‘Finance & Admin Assistant’ on the email subject line.
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.