Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Research and Design Coordinator will ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day logistics and operations support for research activities. The Research and Design Coordinator will prepare requests for quotations, coordinate delivery of goods and services, facilitate transportation and other travel requirements, and prepare all applicable supporting documentation. The Research and Design Coordinator will coordinate with Research Finance and Admin Manager to ensure timely payment of contracts.
Logistics and Coordination:
- Coordinate and follow up on all logistical and ordering/payments arrangements for implementation. Activities will include but not be limited to travel and event/workshop planning, including transportation, hotel/venue booking, catering, printing and when necessary, management of reimbursements payments.
- Prepare invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including posting RFQ’s/ RFP’s, placing adverts for consultants etc.
- Maintain a filing system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits – including proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements – and maintain the privacy of all staff, consultants and vendors following RTI policy and local law.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and obtain the required documentation including, such as delivery notes, receipts etc.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to procurement team (local, ARO and or HQ).
- Oversee purchase orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepare necessary documentation and participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, consultants according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Supports the design and implementation of Finance Controls as needed.
- Ensure procurement process aligns with RTI International, Mercy Corps and USAID policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate all logistical support for RTI staff and consultants, including transport and other travel requirements, hotel accommodations, conference bookings, etc.
- Coordinate and track travel logistics for staff and consultants including visas, alien registration, airport pick up and drops, security briefing etc.
- Coordinating technical trainings logistics which may include coordinating invitations, follow up, schedules, booking venues, hand out preparation, preparing agenda and taking minutes and refreshments.
- Provide administrative and operational support for short term technical assistance (STTA) activities. In consultation with PM provide any needed operational tools/forms to ensure proper documentation of the workdays outlined in the scope of work.
- In coordination with the Research and Design Lead and the Research and Design Manager, draft scopes of work and lead the recruitment process for consultants and other short-term vendors in accordance with RTI, Mercy Corps and USAID rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Masters degree and 1 years of experience or Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience in business management or similar
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Willingness to be flexible in working hours and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Prior experience working with or supporting management of Office Administration functions.
- Prior experience working on research projects.
- Preferred experience working with USAID projects.
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.