Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DENTAL ASSISTANT Ref No. D/DA/02/2021
The overall purpose of this position is to facilitate the efficient and effective running of the Dentist’s Office to ensure clients are treated with a high degree of professionalism and ensuring the correct medical workplace procedures and policies are followed. In addition supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Coordinate the Dentist Clinic Operations
- Liaising with the receptionist to assist patients to fill in their personal details and medical history forms
- Ensuring that the patients file is present and all forms have been duly filled before patient is escorted to the dental clinic
- Seating and Dismissing of patients
- Escort the patient from the reception area to the dental clinic
- After dental consultation, seating the patient on the dental chair and placing a bib
- Ensuring patient is comfortable at all times e.g. Taking their hand bags and keeping them aside, taking glasses and keeping aside.
- After treatment, escorting patient to the accounts department for payment or relevant department in case of referrals
- Opening the clinic in the morning and ventilating the room
- Availing/ collecting the patients files from the records department
- Controlling the appointment book.
- Liaising with receptionist for efficient and effective booking of patients
- Telephone management
- Providing all the relevant information needed in a diligent manner
- Book/Record keeping
- Keeping a daily record of work done
Maintaining a Clean Environment in line with Infection Control Policies
- Cleaning the surfaces i.e. tables/desktops
- Ensuring that the dental clinic is clean and tidy at all times
- Clearing up after each patient
- Disinfecting/swabbing the surfaces i.e. Dental chair
- Cold sterilization procedure for all instruments
- Packing and transfer of instruments to CSSD for heat sterilization (autoclave)
- Collecting and packaging of sterile instruments
Assisting Dentist in Dental Procedures
- Assisting in Chair Side Dental Procedures.
- Providing the necessary instruments and materials to the dentist
- Mixing materials according to manufacturer’s instructions/ as per indication by the dentist
- Ensuring a dry working area at all times i.e. Suctioning
- Exposing, processing and mounting of radiographs
Monitoring of Stock
- Keeping a record of all the materials requested from the stores and any other stock acquired
- Keeping a record of all the materials that are about to get finished
- Requisite for materials that are finished from the stores and external sources
- Proper storage and arrangement of materials in the clinic
- Keeping track of short expiry drugs and alerting the resident dentist
- Receiving of goods from suppliers.
- Participating in monthly departmental meetings
- A Certificate/ Diploma in Dental Assisting or
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience as a Dental Assistant
Skills & competencies required:
- Good attitude and friendly approach with the ability to connect well with customers and manage tense situations.
- Emotionally stable.
- Good health.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili with ability to impart knowledge about dental procedures
- Highly presentable, hardworkingand committed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be able to make decisions and anticipate the dentist’s next step.
- Ability to set-up dental trays and making sure they have been sterilized
- Well versed in providing education on oral health.
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ and apply via the career portal OR you can send your CV to us via email to: email@example.com On or before 3rd May 2021