Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Twiga is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) to vendors in urban African markets. They provide their cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network of kiosks, small scale vendors, mama mbogas and more. Twiga’s goal is to make high quality goods easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost.
Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the execution of a robust audit strategy and plan that is suitable for Twiga’s operating model and ensures all the risk elements of the business are understood and well covered within the audit risk assessment strategy and plan. S/he works closely with leadership teams, key officers within the business and external stakeholders to drive compliance and governance and ensures Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across Twiga business while optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance in the company.
- Lead the implementation of plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies as and when applicable
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function and Twiga
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems function as needed
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits
- Provide regular reporting on the performance of self and team and department -weekly, monthly, quarterly,
annually and as may be required
- Operational efficiency through management of the assigned budget, policies and procedures
- An Undergraduate Degree preferably in Internal Audit, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, or any
other relevant field
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Must be in good standing membership with IIA, ICPAK and or any other relevant and recognized professional
- At least eight (8) years of proven experience as an Auditor- 3 years of which should be in management level
leading audit teams in the (FMCG) industry
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookup and pivot tables and a strong ability in using other MS Office