Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
The Cash assistant role is responsible for processing varied cash operation tasks in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to perform multiple processing activities of limited complexity in a fast-paced environment, while focusing on quality, details and accuracy.
- Apply detailed processing knowledge to deliver efficient customer service that meets quality standards
- Perform limited complexity transaction duties / Cash Operation tasks under general supervision
- Complete processing activities related to compliance and control
- Assist new team members with procedural tasks
- Contact internal and external customers on a frequent basis
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
Skills and knowledge
- University Degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity with the processing systems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- A team player
- Good judgment.
- Ability to work independently/ unsupervised
- Customer focus
- Time management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and work under pressure, a fast learner preferred
- Perception and diligence.
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Pass basic induction and operations training
- University graduate with minimum upper second honors (or equivalent)
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Nature of the job
- Quality of work has to be high due to a high level of customer awareness and competition. Timeliness and error free processing of transactions is key.
- Be alert on frequent changes in Government regulations, Bank policies and procedures due to restructuring.
- Ability to handle large volumes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- High volumes of transactions which require more time to process
- Due diligence is required at all times to ensure that documentary procedures are adhered to as per the banks regulations.
- To be extremely perceptive and know our customers very well in a bid to frustrate the ever-increasing fraud attempts and dynamic fraudster’s methodology.
- To continually re-visit our service delivery and make necessary improvements in keeping with the competitive nature of our market.
- To be technologically inclined since the department’s functions involve very delicate systems that in case of failure can lead to severe financial implications