Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
Deloitte Kenya Internal Client Services – People & Purpose professionals offer our internal clients day-to-day operational services to support our business activities.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of the Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Internal Client Services – People & Purpose team as a Human Resource Officer based in Nairobi, who will serve as a strategic advisor in guiding and supporting timely and effective HR interventions.
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key performance areas
- Being the HR advisor on suitable HR best practices and policies to support implementation of business unit strategies.
- Implementing the Deloitte performance management process to enhance career management programs and facilitating coordinated staff growth and development as well as succession planning.
- Effectively managing compensation review process for assigned business units.
- Managing the exit process of employees and using exit information accordingly to enhance staff motivation and retention.
- Defining job requirements, developing appropriate and up to date job descriptions.
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with professional HR associations and keeping abreast of developments in HR and advising the leadership accordingly.
- Ensuring consistent and well-coordinated recruitment efforts that support the business unit’s strategic objectives and conducting comprehensive staff induction.
- Sourcing candidates utilising cutting-edge technology, social media, targeted outreach and networking.
- Negotiating job offers, coordinating background and reference checks and ensuring candidate records are accurate and complete.
- Managing the recruitment management system to effectively support recruitment activities.
- Creating and analysing HR Management reports for leadership consumption.
- Supporting implementation of assigned projects, initiatives and events.
Only candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered:
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field.
- Professional qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. HD – HRM, CIPD, CHRP, SHRP, ) will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ HR working experience in a busy HR department.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills; Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel..
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of HR best practices and application of the same.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 3 May 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.