Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
About the job
About the Role
KOKO Networks is on a mission to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. The role they’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and about design who wants to work with amazing teams of engineers, product managers, and delivery managers in Nairobi and Pune.
The products and solutions you’ll help design and shape touch hundreds of thousands of people in some of the fastest growing cities in the world every single day. You will own design for your product area(s) across the product development lifecycle – from new disruptive ideas all the way to detailed interactions and polished visuals that delight our colleagues, customers, and partners.
This role requires significant time spent with their customers, partners and colleagues in Nairobi and India. They will consider candidates based there or willing to relocate to Nairobi.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will build domain knowledge of KOKO’s business, markets, and internal realities as a combined software and hardware company… and how that influences their product experience.
- You will work hand in hand with product managers and lead engineers throughout the discovery, design, and development process to bring great ideas to life.
- With your cross-functional team, you will develop a keen understanding of their users and their needs – whether through user research, journey mapping, or experimentation.
- From this understanding, you’ll craft experiences and designs that help KOKO products and solutions address their users’ needs, using wire-framing, prototyping, sketching/visualization, etc.
- You will use mixed usability testing methods to gather qualitative and quantitative data, translate that data into feature enhancements or new products.
- You’ll use research to challenge and validate design decisions in an ongoing development process that strives to make the customer and user experience better.
- You’ll promote leading techniques for user research, idealization, prototyping, design, and user testing.
- Have a holistic view, understanding, and strong consideration of design and user experience, including layout, typography, color theory, visual hierarchy, and working knowledge of Sketch or Adobe CC.
KOKO uses a suite of tools including Balsamiq, AdobeXD, and Zeplin to name just a few. They’re also quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to help shape their tool suite.
Does this sound like you?
Must have skills:
- Substantial experience in both UI and UX projects.
- Holistic understanding of product design, including visual design, experience design, and business acumen.
- Understanding, and strong consideration of design and user experience, including layout, typography, color theory, visual hierarchy, and working knowledge of Sketch or Adobe CC.
- Strong experience creating beautiful high-fidelity mock ups as well as prototypes.
Nice to have:
- Having designed experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone.
- Experience working in businesses that combine software and hardware (with manufacturing and logistics).
- Experience in a start up/ scale up environment.
- You are an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- Ability to work through ambiguity.
- Great stakeholder management skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you need little direction; you’re self driven and show ownership.
The application process:
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves an online screening of your candidature by our partner, Shortlist.The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.