Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Director of Strategy and partnership
The AECF is a development institution which supports businesses to innovate, create jobs, leverage investments and markets in an effort to create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa. Launched in 2008, the AECF has mobilized over US $356 million to date, leveraging more than US $658 million in matching capital and improving the lives of more than 16 million people in 2017 alone through jobs and increased household incomes. AECF has so far supported 268 companies in 26 countries in sub-Saharan Africa across 40 value chains in our focal sectors of agribusiness and renewable energy.
The Director Strategy & Partnerships is a member of the Executive Committee and the Management Committee with primary responsibility to manage the strategy and partnerships strategy and is accountable for its decisions and performance. The role is to be based out of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Work closely with the CEO in oversight of AECF’s corporate strategic planning and monitoring implementation progress
- Track key strategic performance measures for each department
- Play an instrumental role in developing, updating and implementation of a business development and resourc mobilization strategy for AECF
- Design and implement a strategic, results-oriented and coordinated approach to the mobilization of significant additional resources from traditional and non-traditional sources
- Develop customized fundraising strategies and policies, tools and mechanisms for implementation
- Establishment and maintenance of effective partnerships with public and private donors, as well as other strategic partnerships
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives
- Manage, build and leverage strategic relationships to greater collective impact
- Design and implementation of a strategy for in-house and external communication that informs and educates participants about the goals, processes and results of the AECF
To apply for this role, please ensure that you have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field would be an advantage
- 10+ years of experience in a senior business development and fundraising role
- 5+ years of experience of crafting strategic partnerships
- Significant successful experience in managing communications and monitoring and evaluation programs
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and key person talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.