Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Muthaiga Country Club is leading exclusive Private Members Club located in the Heart of Nairobi.
We are looking for a confident and passionate Sports and Health Club Manager to achieve our mission of being the top private members Club in Africa and amongst the most respected in the world.
The ideal candidate will stimulate growth of sales, Member utilization, Membership of the Sports and Fitness department to unprecedented levels of success and build strong relationships with Members and team members.
The Role: Reporting to the Club Secretary / CEO, the Sports and Health Club Manager will be responsible for overall running of the Sports and Health Club department, delivering exceptional and memorable experience for all, optimal operational efficiency and maximize profitability of the department.
Scope of responsibility includes the Squash, the Bowling, the Tennis, the Health Club including Gym, Spa, Swimming pool and Snooker.
- Responsible for overall smooth running of the Sports and Health Club operations, delivering high quality services in line with the Club’s standards.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Members.
- Responsible developing exceptional Member experience and improving Membership retention rate. Create a culture of care and service excellence among your team members.
- Responsible for financial performance of the department. Prepare departmental budgets, oversee implementation and control of the same budgets. Achieve and surpass revenue targets.
- Design and promote activities that appeal to Members across the different demographics and generate revenue.
- Ensure appropriate fees are charged to the Members for usage of the Sports and Health Club facilities.
- Advise on long term strategic planning for the department.
- Ensure all facilities are in perfect operating condition and that the health and safety standards are met.
- Schedule work/repairs as needed with the Projects and Maintenance Department.
- People management – training, recruitment, discipline, development, performance management.
- Act as focal point of contact for all service providers to the Department ensuring all their obligations are met – be ‘the face’ of MCC Fitness, health and wellbeing.
- Have at least five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in an upmarket Sports and Health Club environment locally or Internationally – Essential
- Knowledge and experience in spa management – preferred
- Certification in sports management – Essential
- Able to teach fitness classes – aerobics, yoga, Pilates, etc – Preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team and communication skills – essential
- Ability to think creatively and have ideas on how to maximize opportunities.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suit
- Good interpersonal, time management and organization sills.
- Good business acumen
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested send an updated Resume and letter of application quoting “Sports and Health Club Manager” to email@example.com by end of day (5.00pm) Friday, 30th April
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Muthaiga Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during the recruitment process.