Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Analyst; Cyber Security Operations – (21000182)
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Managed Security Services, the successful candidate will lend support in Cyber threat detection, working in 24/7 shifts, providing eyes-on-the-glass service for Managed Security Services, performing real-time monitoring and identification of security incidents. He/She will help identify suspicious activity, open incident investigation tickets and escalate any key concerns to Level 2/3 for additional analysis & communication.
- Work in 24*7 shifts performing real time monitoring of security alerts generated by various security tools deployed by Safaricom
- Serves as a primary point of contact for reporting potential security incidents
- Validate, classify and open tickets for security incidents
- Analyze and assess security alerts and escalate to Level 2/3 analysts for further investigations and communication
- Document security incidents as identified by the case management process
- Provide feedback on enhancing the operations of the cyber security operations Centre
- Respond to generated security alerts within the time window as defined in procedural SLAs
- Pick out potential intrusions from seemingly benign sets of audit logs or security alerts
- Triage (primary investigation) of detected security alerts and make necessary escalation decisions
- Escalation to appropriate teams, follow ups and provide assistance during remediation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/IT Security/Information Technology
- Minimum of 1 year System Security experience – in Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments, IDS/Firewalls/VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools, Network and Systems Administration.
- Minimum of 1 year focused Security experience in Incident Management/Intrusion Analysis/Reverse Engineering. Knowledge of common SIEM solutions, the purpose of them and an understanding of how they work
- Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and *NIX operating systems is required.
- Knowledge and/or experience with common security tools such as anti-virus, Intrusion Prevention Systems and Firewalls is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of these technologies or domains will be an added advantage: Cloud Technologies (Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware), CMS (Joomla, WordPress and PHPBB), Apache, PHP, cPanel and ModSecurity.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) – Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Pervasive SQL is an added advantage
- Good communication and presentations skills are required
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, thirst for knowledge and passion for the job is required