Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Senior Manager, Partnerships will drive Stanbic’s inorganic growth strategy, driving transactions that will accelerate our ambition to step into new lines of business and bring additional strength to Stanbic. The role holder will question, ideate, think analytically and strategically about a diverse array of opportunities and challenges, in a bid to bring together all the pieces of a transaction that meaningfully delivers to our customers and advances our growth.
Specifically, the Partnerships Trailblazer’s responsibility includes leading and seeing strategic investment projects effectively applying due diligence and financial modelling with a view to making good investment decisions and spearheading the transaction execution process.
The mandate of this role will often mirror the work of strategy consulting firms and investment banks, but with an emphasis on driving impact in close collaboration with ecosystems, solutions and business leaders.
You will have excellent commercial acumen, negotiation and influencing skills and inject creativity and innovative thinking to help us explore multiple sectors, new digital business models and completely new territories and capabilities.
The Partnerships Trailblazer plays an essential part in shaping the evolution of our portfolio. The role holder will enable Stanbic to penetrate new customers and partner ecosystems, multiplying the value of our solutions.
Drive transactions across all stages, further Stanbic’s inorganic ambitions through strong leadership and advisory skills
- Lead target sourcing, prioritization, and execution of inorganic transactions in line with Stanbic’s ambition (acquisition, JVs, alliances and/or commercial partnership opportunities)
- Actively engage with ecosystem, solutions and business leads on opportunities for inorganic growth, in identifying, assessing strategic rationale & finding path to delivery
- Develop the supporting business case underpinning each opportunity; overall competitive context and market forecasts, comprehensive financial modelling and analysis, including financial forecasts for partnership, synergies evaluation and valuation.
- Lead initial confidential evaluation through term sheet negotiation, due diligence, negotiation of transaction documents
- Working in close collaboration with SBG Strategic Investment lead, ensure deal structure and terms are consistent with corporate strategy, transaction mandate and governance
- Understand, challenge and fine-tune assumptions regarding rationale, financial projections, and financial implications; in developing M&A and partnership proposals, enabling sound decision-making by the venture board and senior leadership
- Preparing negotiation strategy and taking a leadership role in negotiations on the basis of legal, compliance, financial and operational advice on the key deal parameters
- Running an efficient and effective project and stakeholder management for all transactions; assembling and leading a global, multi-disciplinary team of internal and external experts throughout the transaction process; soliciting input from and ensuring alignment among internal stakeholders;
- Influence and advice the Head, Innovation and senior business leadership on Stanbic’s inorganic strategy and deal decisions.
Optimise M&A/ Partnerships business performance internal to Stanbic Bank
- Act as a sounding board for the assigned executive on the development of strategic investment theses and implement approach + sourcing plan towards realizing the strategic partnerships ambition in building new capabilities and revenue streams
- Create playbooks for and lead deal execution activities including processes for venture board and investment/leadership council reviews
- Build Stanbic’s strategic investing brand both through 1:1 relationship building, thought leadership and strategic collaborations. Further, hold the primary relationship with potential partners and handle all aspects of the interaction and/or transaction
- Develop and maintain a broad network of entrepreneurs and investors to hone market understanding as well as create investment opportunities
- Mentor and build internal capacity across the Innovation organization and thought leader across Stanbic
- Conduct cold reviews of projects/transaction to help identify areas for improvement / best practice that would help improve the quality of advice and efficiency of delivery
Own and manage the risks across transactions
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance
- Interact with specialist risk areas (operational risk, financial crime risk management, information security and risk, et al) to ensure that business risk management requirements are addressed across all stages of engagement and transactions
- Actively conduct quality assurance on all aspects of the M&A value chain to ensure risks are appropriately addressed and mitigate
- Ensure that integrity, due skill, care and diligence is displayed always
- Observe proper standards of market conduct and act in accordance with these standards
- Deal with the regulators in an open and cooperative way and disclose appropriately any information of which the regulator would reasonably expect notice
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Finance and Accounting
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Mergers & Acquisitions(M&A) /Investment banking environment