Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Engineering- Investor Services
Provide strong management and operational support to the Manager Trade Operations.
- Efficient and Effective Delivery in business unit
- Understanding the overall Bank Strategy and how Trade Operations – fits into the overall Bank’s strategy;
- Drive and role model a superior client orientated culture within Trade Operations in particular;
- Monitor work volumes and processes and continually recommend improvements and adaptations to existing systems, processes and structures to ensure current and future sustainability of quality service;
- Support the manager to develop client instruction processing standards for implementation within trade department;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with bank’s policies and applicable guidelines;
- Keep abreast of best practices (locally and internationally) and make appropriate recommendations within the Trade team;
- Communicate job expectations to direct reports; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions to the wider Bank Strategy;
- Ensures that throughput is maximised throughout the Trade area by implementing principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma;
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies;
- Ensuring that a high standard of communication with the business unit is maintained.
- Analysing and converting client complaints and queries to service improvement initiatives.
- Effectively manage queries and complaints that are received within Trade operations ensuring adherence to set service levels.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are documented for processing all transactions types within Trade unit.
Optimise the risk profile in the business units
- Identify the major risks faced by the unit and ensure that the required controls are in place to monitor and reduce exposure.
- Champion a high level of risk awareness in the unit aimed at upholding a high, risk culture amongst unit staff that fosters responsiveness, confidence, courage and doing the right things all the time (zero tolerance for non-adherence to Bank policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Inculcate a culture of “Get it Right First time” – zero errors and no customer complaints;
- Ensure the operational risk framework, standards and other risk principles are adopted by the unit i.e. Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA’s), Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s), Business Continuity Management (BCM), Information Risk, IT Risk and Risk Assurance;
- Identify major risks affecting the unit and take necessary steps to measure, monitor and control accordingly noting to implement appropriate remedial action;
- Limit potential losses to the bank by ensuring that laid-down processes and procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure all suspense and operational accounts under assigned units are reconciled at required frequencies and that reconciling items are dealt timely and correctly;
- Ensure that revenue recoveries are done in a timely manner for services provided;
- Ensure detailed analysis of incidents is conducted and remediation actions implemented to prevent recurrence;
- Review and evaluate internal controls and propose appropriate recommendations for any changes and/or enhancements to the existing control framework;
- Ensure agreed remedial actions adequately address internal control deficiencies and thereafter ensure regular follow up to ascertain execution and effectiveness;
- Ensure Satisfactory audit ratings and closure of all action plans arising from risk assessments, ops risk reviews, internal and external audits and regulatory inspections to improve the control environment.
Change Management and Continuous Improvement
- Support business process re-engineering to ensure that processes are lean, efficient and effective through the elimination of non-value adding activities and identification of opportunities that support/drive the migration of transactions to economically viable alternative electronic delivery channels.
- Aid in identifying high impact projects/programs/initiatives within the line of business with a view to continuous improvement.
- Ensure value adding assessments of projects/programs/initiatives are conducted to ensure identified risks are appropriately mitigated prior to the projects/programs/initiatives going live.
- Ensure that service standards provided for in the Banking Sector Charter are adhered t
- Ensure implementation and adoption within assigned portfolio of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes monitoring and identifying any material compliance related breaches and escalating them to line management and the Compliance Office.
- Ensure continuous evaluation of productivity of assigned staff is undertaken to determine optimal resourcing.
- Evaluate and manage the performance of direct reports to achieve a high standard of competence, motivation and service orientation, focusing on the development and retention of talent.
- Drives a performance management and career development culture through proactive coaching and mentoring of staff and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate
- Ensures that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross product and cross function workload balancing;
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensure that staff receive adequate training intervention aimed at ensuring staff are appropriately skilled to do their jobs.
- Builds and maintain credible and value adding relationships with stakeholders, including executives, peers, internal and external partners.
- Partners with management and Business Heads to identify customer service expectations, agree SLAs and align to the Customer Value Proposition in order to deliver an appropriate client service
- Collaborates with other areas through continuous interactions to ensure that best practices are implemented, and a standard approach is followed.
Reporting to various governance committees
- Provide relevant, accurate and timely reporting to senior management, governance committees and the regulator.
- Partner with business units to oversee the optimization of business processes to increase operational efficiency.
- Identify, implement and evaluate projects that have a medium to high impact on customer experience
Quality Management System in line with ISO Standards– ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure the promotion of exceptional client experience throughout the organisation.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Business Commerce
- Certified Trade Specialist
- At least three years of experience at middle/senior level management within a front-line function preferably Corporate Banking and Operations functions. Practical and deep knowledge of Trade and must be fully conversant with its associated risks and process improvement concepts.