Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER, REF: TNH/HRD/MISO/01/2021
Reporting to Management Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring various business information trends and provide relevant reports to facilitate decision making.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop a clear trail between HMIS (the front office system) and ERP (the financial system)
- Activate Bank reconciliation module in ERP and train all users to ensure Bank reconciliation are done in ERP;
- Map all transactions in ERP from initial source entry to the final accounts including cash flow.
- Map at source exactly which account has been debited and which one has been credited;
- Map all business units to exact Branch, Departments to allow granular levels filtering of business information;
- Carry out income completeness test on a daily basis. Quick test marrying statistics to the revenue reported in ERP and flagging off any incompleteness;
- Ensure each expense posting is passed through the branch and department filter to enable division and sectional reporting.
- Enable development of a management dashboard in ERP for automatic generation of trends, graphs and outliers flagging;
- Monitor various business information trends and provide reports to facilitate decision making;
- Provide support in modelling of projects and financial appraisals of investments projects and new services to drive key investments decisions;
- Identify, document and propose improved procedures to close identified gaps;
- Generate periodic exception reports for implementing of automated internal controls;
- Participate in alignment of the ERP to evolving business process in liaison with ICT;
- Champion customer services excellence and continual improvement;
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvements, and develop and implement solutions;
- Participate in ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies;
- Stay up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems;
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly movement of signed off Revenue from HMIS to ERP system. (This will ensure no variance in financials between the HMIS and ERP);
- Complete data movement from HMIS to ERP to guarantee inventory correctness, as well as debtors and banks;
- Guide and advise on system based controls on the ERP; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Statistics or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- IT savvy and proficient in accounting software applications preferably Dynamics application.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in analytics
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 7th May 2021.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100