Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967. AKF is a private, not-for-profit international development agency that seeks to provide long-term solutions to society’s problems. AKF brings together human, financial, and technical resources to address challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. AKF has a special focus on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. AKF’s primary areas of focus are Education; Early Childhood Development (ECD); Health and Nutrition; Civil Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic Inclusion.
AKF is committed to ensuring girls and boys, women and men, are equipped with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to help them interact effectively with the world and be contributing members of a pluralistic society. This demands AKF assumes a holistic, life-long, and systems approach to education. AKF ensures all interventions are globally informed, locally rooted, are embedded in government and community interests and structures, and work to promote social inclusion, equity, and pluralism.
About AKF’s Education Programme
As a development agency, AKF partners with a global network of local government schools, government education actors and systems, and civil society actors within education systems to co-develop and test affordable and scalable evidence-based models about how best to create quality, equitable learning environments and improve holistic learning outcomes for the most marginalised children. AKF is currently partnering with a diverse set of funding partners including bi-lateral, multi-lateral, and foundations to deliver education programming in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Purpose of the position
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to provide effective grant management and business development support to programme teams and the broader AKF regional education team. Reporting to the Regional Education and ECD Advisor, the Education Programme Coordinator will lead on supporting education programme teams to effectively deliver on all grant management responsibilities, manage internal grant management databases, and coordinate business development processes, including aspects of the proposal writing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the grant management process for all education projects providing clear direction on reporting timelines in collaboration with Programme Managers
- Collaborate with programme teams, partiuclalrly the Programme Managers, to ensure all education donor narrative reports are completed and submitted on time and with quality. This will include data to substantiate all activities and impact provided by the M&E team
- Ensure financial and narrative reports are aligned including variance explanations
- Lead on the management of AKF’s internal grant and award management systems for education programmes for existing grants and new business
- Coordinate design processes for new education programming in the region ensuring participation of teams from across departments including programmes, M&E, finance, and operations
- Contribute to writing new proposals inline with the designs developed during the design process
- Coordinate and contribute to the education community of practice to support the learning and professional development of the education teams across the region
- Any other roles and responsibilities as determined by the Regional Education and ECD Advisor
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BA in Education, International Development, Business Administration, or related field.
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in international development
- Strong and practical experience in grant management with experience with bi-lateral donors an asset
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams and partners in designing new programmes
- Understanding of the East African education systems
- Experience in working independently, under high pressure and fast-moving conditions.
- Strong ICT skills, experience in Microsoft office package and emerging new software including Online and offline applications.
- Experience providing remote support to teams in remote geographies
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong accountability, inter-personal skills and working collaboratively with diverse internal teams
- Excellent communication skills in English, Swahili an advantage
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 14th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)
Location: Nairobi/Dar es Salaam/Kampala