Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenyan citizen to fill the position of the Director General.
Director General–Ref: VA/1/4/2021
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
1.Oversee the technical and economic regulation of energy sector utilities involved in generation, importation, exportation, transmission, distribution,supply and use of electrical energy;
2.Oversee the regulation of petroleum sector utilities involved in importation, refining, exportation, transportation, storage and sale of petroleum and petroleum products;
3. Guide the regulation, monitoring and supervision of upstream petroleum operations and infrastructure in Kenya;
4. Provide oversight in regulation of production, conversion, distribution, supply, marketing and use of renewable energy in Kenya including solar, wind, geothermal, bioenergy, tidal and hydropower;
5. Provide leadership in formulation, enforcement and review of environmental, health, safety and quality standards for the electricity, renewable energy, mid, down and upstream petroleum subsectors with otherstatutory bodies;
6. Provide leadership in the regulation and promotion of energy efficient practices and management in Kenya;
7.Provide leadership in the regulation of exploration, extraction, production, processing, transportation, storage, exportation, importation and sale of coal bed methane gas and other energy forms;
8. Provide guidance in setting, review and approval of contracts, tariffs and charges in the Energy and Petroleum sectors;
9. Provide guidance in collection and maintenance of all energy and petroleum data in Kenya;
10.Provide leadership in the enforcement of the regulations in the energy and petroleum sectors;
11. Oversee the development and implementation of petroleum sector plans and the monitoring of approved energy
12. Provide guidance in the protection of consumers, investors and other stakeholder interests;
13. Oversee monitoring of competition in the energy and petroleum sectors in consultation with the Competition Authority;
14.Provide oversight in the development of the Authority’s strategic plans, work plans, annual operating budgets;
15. Oversee research on emerging policy and regulatory practices in the global and local energy and petroleum space;
16.Provides leadership in monitoring the financial performance of energy and petroleum sector players;
17.Oversee all human resource matters including development and implementation of the organization structure, recruitment, staff welfare, capacity building and succession plan in the Authority;
18. Provide guidance on continuousimprovement in the quality of service provided by the Authority;
19.Oversee implementation of government policies and directives at the Authority;
20.Oversee prudent utilization of the Authority’s assets and resources;
21.Provide oversight on the development and implementation of corporate policies,strategies and programmes;
22. Provide guidance in stakeholder and corporate image management of the organization;
23. Provide leadership to senior management and staff
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
1. The Accounting Officer of the Authority;
2. Develop energy regulatory frameworks and recommend to the National and County governments to ensure
sustainable, cost efficient and quality energy;
3.Develop petroleum regulatory frameworks and recommend to the National and County governments to
ensure sustainable, cost efficient and quality petroleum products;
4. Secretary to the National Upstream Petroleum Advisory Council (NUPAC);
5. Ensure the development and review of regulationsin the energy and petroleum sectors;
6. Provide information and statistics on energy and petroleum sectors to the relevant Cabinet Secretaries;
7. Principal Spokesperson of the Authority;
8. Implement the decisions of the Board and Government policies;
9. Liaison between the Board and management;
10. Foster a corporate culture that promotes good governance in the Authority;
11. Ensure proper internal monitoring and control systems in the Authority;
12.Coordinate the development and maintenance of corporate risk management framework to ensure risks are
effectively monitored and managed;
13.Represent the Authority in local and international fora including peer regulators, regulatory associations and
14. Develop and strengthen networks and partnership with other government agencies, private sector and development partners;
15. Approve performance targets in the Authority;
16. Undertake performance appraisal for Senior Management;
17.Ensure the Authority promotes corporate citizenship and social responsibility;
18. Ensure proper implementation of local content requirements;
19. Ensure compliance with the Constitution of Kenya, applicable laws, Government policy and directives;
Qualifications & Skills required
The following are the qualifications for appointment to the position of Director-General:
1. A citizen of Kenya;
2. A Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent in the fields of engineering, physical sciences, law, finance, environmental studies, economics or energy;
3. At least seven (7) years’ management experience at a senior level;
4. At least two (2) years’ of experience in petroleum and energy;
5. A Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya or its equivalent in any of the following fields; Engineering, physical science, law, finance, economics, environmental studies, energy or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
6. Professional qualification and membership to a professional body, in good standing;
7. Fulfilment of the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their applications together with copies of the relevant certificates through email: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the undersigned not later than 5:00 p.m. on 12th May 2021.
Energy Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA)
P.O. Box 42681-00100
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.