Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IT SERVICE ENGINEER – APPLICATIONS SUPPORT
Purpose of the job:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to ensure efficient and effective operation of the SICPATRACE solution.
- Perform daily maintenance, troubleshooting tasks and provide technical support according to established procedures.
- Be the primary point of contact to the business unit’s internal and external customers. Activities include maintaining servers and applications; test, release, and deploy applications; provide assistance to other Field Operations Technicians; and answer technical questions
- Maintain applications in high-availability and production environments.
- Diagnose and resolve system, application and data issues.
- Coordinate service activities with other teams and technical resources.
- Identify and find solutions to address situations requiring urgent attention.
- Troubleshoot performance issues.
- Manage application servers.
- Respond to requests of development team.
- Anticipate & introduce new servicing tools to monitor & troubleshoot applications.
- Provide assistance to field technicians. Answer technical queries.
- Perform and develop monitoring activities.
- Analyze recurring and intermittent problems.
- Working effectively with teams across geographically-distributed Centers of Excellence.
- Providing technology mentoring and guidance to more junior employees.
- Providing clear and accessible technical information to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree in a technical discipline related to IT. Vocational training will be considered
- At least 2 years of postgraduate experience
- Experience with multi-national teams, where partition of tasks may spread across several geographical entities
- Interested in monitoring technology trends and in continuous self-improvement
- Ability to think strategically and in the long term
- Good knowledge: Windows, Linux, Java/J2EE, JBoss, SPLUNK, Oracle and SQL
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively on technical subject matter with non-specialists
- Strong will to adhere to best practices
- Good availability for international travels
- Excellent communication
- Fluent in English and local language
Knowledge in one or more of the following fields is a plus:
- Tableau desktop & server
- Microsoft SQL server – SSRS/SSAS/SSIS
- Power BI
- Our success comes from our highly skilled and talented employees.
- Respectful entrepreneurship and a long-term vision are key for success.
- Our people contribute to a more secure world.
- Diversity at all levels of an organisation is a strength.
We offer an exciting and challenging role, with great potential for personal development within a unique organization in a fascinating and fast-growing industry. Your file will be handled with upmost confidentiality and discretion.