Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Job Purpose / Summary: As a Team Leader for the Core Network, the job holder will be responsible for planning, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the organization’s multiservice network infrastructure.
He/she will be the main escalation point for operational issues & will be responsible for keeping core network performance within the stipulated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and resolve faults on the core network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, bandwidth managers and cache appliances
- Provide Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) for operational problems to ensure the cause of network faults is properly identified and the correct steps taken to eliminate re-occurrence
- Ensure the core network performance and availability is within the stipulated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Produce network designs to meet tactical and commercial expectations
- Provide mentorship to less experienced staff and deal with network-related issues escalated from other members of the team and other departments
- Ensure key network performance parameters are monitored by NOC and propose improvement measures in monitoring to accurately measure the overall performance of the network
- Liaise with third-party vendors in there solution of network equipment faults
- Handle second or third-level escalations from NOC or from other team members
- Act as the technical lead for projects in the core network
- Liaise with OSS and BSS teams to ensure optimal machine-to-machine interaction with the core network
- Participate in the core network planning and budget process to ensure proper capacity to meet customer and commercial expectations
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the company is using the best of class technologies to meet its objectives
- Coordinate the activities of other core network engineers to ensure timely resolution of faults and delivery of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role, two (2) of which should be in a service provider environment
- Must hold expert level Cisco or Juniper certifications (CCIE/JNCIE)
- Advanced knowledge of BGP, MPLS, Multicast and IGPs both in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper high-end routers
- Advanced knowledge of optical transmission systems such as SDH, OTN, DWDM and Carrier Ethernet
- Advanced knowledge of Bandwidth Management systems
- Advanced knowledge of DDoS mitigation technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Internet cache systems
- Experience in leading a technical team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to present and articulate technical issues to non-technical staff