Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Librarian I – Grade XII
Requirements for Appointment
Applicant must possess a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies with six (6) years working experience three (3) of which as Assistant Librarian Scale 11 or its equivalent OR Bachelor’s Degree Library and Information Studies with twelve (12) years working experience three (3) of which as Assistant Librarian Scale 11 or its equivalent. In addition, applicants must;
• Be registered with relevant professional body and be ICT competent.
• Have ability to identify suitable hardware and software for the library system
• Have skills in network administration and website authoring tools such as HTML, Apache, MySQL, Perl and Linux
• Have the ability to administer the Library Management System (KOHA) and ensure the integration and accessibility of all Library e-resources
• Experience in developing and /or managing an institutional repository system
• Familiarity with emergence of intuitional repositories, including issues, policies, service models, and strategies securing appropriate content
• Demonstrated experience with current digital collection architectures and platforms such as Dspace, Greenstone, Digital Commons and/or other repository tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digitization standards and techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital content and metadata standards, such as PREMIS, IMS and Dublin Core.
• Knowledge of scholarly communication issues, Open Access initiatives, intellectual property and copyright issues, and new forms of publication and research/creative activities.
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.