Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Regional M&E Coordinator will provide strategic and technical support to the NRC’s monitoring and evaluation efforts. These include supporting the implementation of NRC M&E standards, systems and practices to produce, measure and demonstrate improvements in programme performance and inform evidence-based decision making. The Regional M&E Coordinator will assist country programs in increasing the capabilities of staff to implement M&E systems, tool and practices consistently to improve program quality and impact. The following is a brief description of the role.
- Support the rollout and implementation of NRC M&E frameworks, plans and standardization of data collection methods, tools, templates and guidelines; regionally and at country office levels
- In collaboration with regional programme and core competency advisors, support deployment and use of M&E guidance and tools for primary programming sectors in the region
- Work with countries and support in monitoring of project activities, thus contributing to timely implementation of activities and adaptation to changed circumstances
- Support countries in the region with tools and appropriate methodologies for assessments of beneficiary needs, so that results are actionable and easily communicated
- Support the evaluation of projects including mid-term, final or impact project evaluations, ensuring that activities are effectively and responsively addressing beneficiary needs
- Provide hands-on technical assistance to country offices in the region by contributing technical inputs to or reviewing M&E components of project proposals
- Participate and advise on programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E in the region
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E best practises, including data collection methodology & tools, data management, analysis and usage
- Contribute actively to an M&E learning community within NRC, support efforts to enhance M&E systems and standards across the organization
- Coordinate with M&E staff at HQ, other regions and peer organization in developing best practices, facilitate lessons learned and coordination
- Support development and review of dashboard, other data visualization tools as well as reports
- Map capacity building needs in the region and support training of programme and M+E support staff on M+E technical and conceptual areas
- Support M&E and programme staff in implementation of mobile data collection system and other initiatives within the region
- Standardise and expand on the use of digital data collection to ensure better communication between operational level activities and management
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs and returnees in line with the regional strategy
- Coordination: Regional CC Advisors
- Project planning: CC Specialist in each country.
- Area operations: Area Managers and Filed coordinators.
- Implementation: Monitoring & Evaluation staff
- University degree preferably in statistics, operations research, quantitative analysis, public policy, economics, or other social science fields, with advanced training in rigorous empirical research and evaluation methodologies
- Experienced professional with a minimum of 8 years working at a senior level of M&E design and implementation. Experience required in contemporary qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method evaluations involving major international donor programs
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated significant experience in monitoring and evaluation for large and complex programs, providing specific, sound, and rigorous M&E technical assistance
- Extensive experience in developing baseline research, logic models, data collection and analysis, mid-term evaluation, and outcome evaluation
- Understanding of donor expectations and trends in M&E
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, SSP, GIS, excellent at Excel and use of Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology
- Experience in conducting M&E activities in highly insecure context and for programme using community based approach (including data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, outcome monitoring and dissemination of results)
- Experience in designing survey and research tools, organizing and delivering training workshops, managing community mobilization and advocacy activities for local non-governmental organizations
- Ability to work closely with field based national staff and experience in various staff training
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in East Africa and Yemen Region
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience working with various donors and conversant with their technical frameworks and strategies (eg. UNHCR, DFID, SIDA, NMFA, ECHO, EU etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
- Good understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Experience in designing and leading on specific development research projects
- Experience working with statistical computer software packages
- Project design and management skill
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals not under supervisory control and manage long-distance relationships to achieve results
- Ability to engage and motivate staff and partners in a challenging new area.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and planning skill
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and coping with change
- Culturally sensitive and coping with a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Prior experience in the regional context preferred.
Please click here to view the Job Description
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.