Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ubongo is a social enterprise that creates interactive edutainment for kids in Africa, using the technologies they already have. We entertain kids to LEARN & LOVE LEARNING
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As an NGO, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo kids and akili me, currently air in 18 African countries on free-TV and 6 African countries on radio in Swahili, English, French, Kinyarwanda, Luo, Kikuyu, Hausa, Juba Arabic, and Yoruba. And we’re currently working with partners to adapt our shows into isiZulu, Sesotho, and Chichewa. This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We’ve been broadcasting on TV in Kenya since 2014, and currently our shows air on Akili Kids, Kirk TV, K24, Switch TV, CTN, Lolwe TV, MBC1 TV, NTV Kenya, Pillar TV, Riri, and TV 24 and reach over 2 million viewers monthly. Kenya is one of our priority markets. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible Education & Research consultant to ensure that we maintain the educational aspects of our content by conducting effective research with our pan-African audience. You’ll work closely with our Head of Education, Education and Research Supervisor and Head of Pre-Production to do curriculum research and development as well as user testing our products with our audience.
- Research and user test Ubongo Learning’s content
- Ensure continuous and creative user testing processes for all content and products.
- Identify and reach out to partners for research
- Arrange user tests and focus group discussion with kids (including kids with disabilities, kids from rural communities), parents, teachers or other stakeholders
- Contribute to development of materials for testing
- User testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-production
- Curriculum research and development
- Mapping our content to different African countries curricula on different platforms
- Research and keep record of the different African countries’ curricula for our target audience’s age group
- Assisting on curriculum design for our shows
- A degree or qualification in Education, Early Childhood, Research or similar field.
- Experience teaching pre-school and primary school children, or conducting research with children
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups or user testing
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong communication and outreach skills
- Have a significant knowledge of different educational curriculum format
- Self-motivated and possess a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Make significant progress without direct supervision – you will be our first education team hire in the country!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in adjusting to new work related requirements as they arise.
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack and Google Drive is a bonus)
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of Kikuyu, Luo or other Kenyan local languages is a major plus.
- Be willing to wear many hats!
Please note that only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form.