Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
- Coordination of PrEP implementation activities.
- Community engagement and coordination of PrEP implementation in reproductive public health facilities. Team lead for the Technical Assistants, Data abstractors and Project Interns
- Close collaboration with the County Health Management Teams (CHMT)
- Establish beneficial partnerships and work with other implementing partners and stakeholders on PrEP implementation.
- Planning and conducting relevant project debriefs and meetings
- Monitoring implementation of PrEP in all tiers of GOK, FBO and Private facilities
- Participation in the national and regional PrEP TWGs Implementation of study protocols
- Participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and ensuring they are followed as per protocol
- Preparing project updates
- Drawing project budgets and coordination of other logistics
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Education and Professional training
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Systems Management or any other health related field
- PrEP training competency
- Competent in project management
- Self confidence
- Stake holder management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least five years’ experience managing projects
- Previous experience working with the Ministry of Health, training health providers on PrEP
- Prior GCP and human subjects training is desirable
- Research experience is an added benefit
Terms of employment
- Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
- Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th May, 2021
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.