Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder is responsible for assisting in the management of Appeals & Grievance Handling in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary of appeals and grievance cases;
- Receive and forward appeal requests and notification letters to the Manager
- Review research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances reports
- Prepare formal briefs and appears at hearings
- Engage line managers/supervisors in the development of integrated appeals and grievance solution
- Sensitize all staff members on grievance handling mechanism.
- Work with line managers to ensure compliance to labour and other statutes relating to staff issues.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and external bodies shaping future policy in areas of employee relations and policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Services Department on appeal cases arising from the disciplinary process
- Prepare legal instructions and stand witness on labour matters
- Ensure performance and development of staff under their supervision;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Review and update of the grievance procedure
- Assist the Manager in Planning, organizing, and directing the work activity of the appeal and grievance team which are consistent with the Authority’s policies and procedures
- Assist in Carrying out research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of grievance procedures
- Participate in disciplinary matters.
- Development of budgets
Responsibility for Physical Assets:
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provide oversight for all departmental physical assets.
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
Works predominantly in a comfortable environment.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Human Resource Management or any other relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Labour/ Industrial Relations/Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least four (4) years work experience and at least one (1) year at Supervisory level.
- Male applicants are encouraged to apply.
- IT Proficiency
- Proficiency in labour Laws
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with good command in written English
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Mediation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Minutes & Report writing skills
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)