Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location /Work Station: Nairobi, Times Tower
The job holder is responsible for;
- Designing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership to the application development team
- Performing design and code reviews
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Define and implement application architecture for diverse business processes, projects, and function
- Develop software solutions and strategy to meet the architectural goals and needs of a client
- Liaise with programmers and software development team to design and implement an architectural system
- Design the interface between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
- Monitor the performance of architectural systems to ensure seamless interaction between components
- Conduct tests to ensure an application conforms to fundamental application standards and meets the requirements of the end user
- Ensure proper documentation of software design and developing processes in order to produce appropriate procedures for application use
- Design applications according to specific architectural design to improve overall system performance
- Develops the unit’s Annual Work Plan and draft budget and coordinates their implementation;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the unit;
- Develops, mentors and coaches staff in the unit;
- Conducts performance management in the unit;
- Coordinates implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Enterprise or Solution/Software Architect Certification
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2.
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must have:
- Proven skills in Oracle development and database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Proven experience in design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems. Experience in design and development of systems for tax administration will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience as an application architect in a large enterprise organization, which includes at least one (1) year at supervisory level.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)