Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: KRA Headquarters (Nairobi), Ushuru Pensions Tower.
Responsible for leading the operations, maintenance, and security of the corporate data centres. The Job holder will also be responsible for developing and implementing policies spanning operations, preventative maintenance, support, and security at both the Primary and Secondary (DR) data centers
- Manages environmental resources, power distribution, safety, security, physical layout, cabling, racking and monitoring of data centre equipment.
- Develops and ensures implementation of the physical security policies and procedures for access to the data centres.
- Manages data centre documentation including equipment inventory, engineering drawings, as-builts, expansion architecture and other documents.
- Coordinates with relevant teams to forecast and plan for resource capacity expansion and budgeting.
- Develops, implements and manages maintenance plan schedules and processes for the data centre.
- Develops policies, documents processes, and provides training for relevant staff on the use of data centre facilities including access control.
- Manages all third parties co-location contracts.
- Coordinates problems requiring vendor intervention to ensure compliance to service level agreements (SLA) and contracts.
- Coordinates implementation of the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management in the unit.
- Facilitate Implementation of the data center improvements and enhancements.
- Identifying all the relevant training/workshops/knowledge opportunities for data centers operations staff so that they are well equipped and skilled in delivering high quality services in a modern data center environment.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Master’s Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNA Data Center
- Certification in business continuity
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The post holder should have at least five (5) years progressive experience in a busy Data Center environment, with at least two (2) years in entry-level management responsibility a large organization
Technical Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of data center critical systems, including: diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, HVACs, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Expertise in data centre documentation tools.
- Demonstrated competence in installation and support of Data Centre solutions from networking, cooling, power and data communication fundamentals
- Project Management skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)