Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department : Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
The Job holder is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the IT strategies, IT Innovations, IT Research Development, Vendor Management, Contracts and Service Level Agreements, and Business Perspective (Business Relationship Management) in the Authority
- Planning, development, alignment of the ICT Strategy; Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of ICT strategy initiatives.
- Design, develop and manage the IT research agenda including identification of potential IT innovations, emerging technologies and relevant themes to address business challenges and based on identified business priorities.
- Manage including regular reviews of IT vendors, contracts and service level agreements, including managing and maintaining of the service catalogue, service definitions, service levels, underpinning contract and operational level agreements relating to IT services in the Authority.
- Oversee user/customer satisfaction surveys on IT services to ascertain the perception of the customers and users on IT services and institute measures to monitor and address recommendations arising from the Surveys.
- Evaluate IT process/service maturity and monitor implementation of improvement plans
- Provide guidance on the development of the supplier and contracts database, updates, reviews, usage, retrieval and dissemination of the information.
- Evaluate and monitor IT process/service maturity
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS/ISO and Risk Management
- Preparation, compilation, analysis and review of departmental strategies (Departmental PC, Corporate plan, Board PC, transformation agenda) and strategic reports (Team one reporting, Board Responses, other special Reports)
- Monitor implementation of Strategic Departmental programmes and report performance within the set timelines e.g. Implementation of corporate plan
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, performance management, coaching and development of staff in the unit
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit
- Other roles as may be assigned by the Management
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or any other IT related field.
- Master’s degree Business Administration, Information Systems or any other IT or Management related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- IT Governance & Service Level Management i.e. ITIL, COBIT or equivalent
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- Project Management (Prince II or PMP Certification or equivalent) and Business Analysis
- Demonstrate outstanding knowledge and skills in Service Portfolio Management, Service Level Agreements and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Good knowledge of IT Strategy Design, Planning and Innovation
- Knowledge of IT Service Catalog Management, Service Portfolio Management and Business Perspective
- Project management
- Risk management and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing Service Level agreements
- Ability to motivate and manage a team to achieve set targets with the specified timelines
- Broad understanding of emerging IT technologies
- Ability to manage relationships with IT suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Documentation skills
- People management skills
- Report writing skills
Relevant Work Experience
- Hands on experience in developing and Monitoring IT Service Level Agreements, Underpinning Contracts, Supplier Management and Business Perspective in a large and busy organization.
- Experience in developing and managing IT Service Catalog in a busy IT environment
- Experience in Developing and Monitoring IT Strategic Plans, Surveys and automation assessments
- Experience in conducting IT Research and Innovation.
- At least five (5) years’ demonstrable post qualification experience with at least two (2) years leading a team in development, implementation and monitoring of IT strategies, IT Innovations, IT Research Development, Vendor Management, Contracts and Service Level Agreements, and Business Relationship Management.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Resilient, focused and results oriented
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Good decision making, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)