Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
- This role is responsible for formulating and implementing best practice strategies to manage information security and cyber risks in the Authority.
- Formulate information security strategies to manage information and cyber risks hence protecting revenue and KRA reputation
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the KRA information security policies
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO27001 and best practice.
- Coordinate monitoring and surveillance of KRA IT resources to detect and deter cyber attacks
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information as well as ensure non- repudiation of electronic transactions in the Authority.
- Oversee the design, acquisition, implementation and operation of information security tools for the protection of KRA information
- Coordinate the design, implementation and review of information security controls in systems, infrastructure and processes to protect KRA information and revenue.
- Provide information security advisories on acquisition and implementation of technology and third party integrations involving/requiring information exchange.
- Oversee development and implementation information security awareness programme across the organization.
- Provide support to relevant departments in information security investigative incidences.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least two of the following security certifications in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP/ISO 27001 or in relevant information security solutions certification
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience, with at least two (2) years’ experience at entry-level management or a similar role in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required
- Experience in information security solution design or Strategy development
- Knowledge in IT risk management
- Knowledge in Vulnerability Management
- Knowledge in Data protection
- Experience in the Information Security management System (ISMS)
- Experience in cyber security threat Analysis or incident management
- Experience in Project Management
- Leadership and people management skills
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation, delegation and interpersonal skills
- Professional networking
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)