Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
This role is responsible for the design, planning, deployment & management of IT Network infrastructure for the Authority.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance and support of ICT Infrastructure to ensure availability of services.
- Implements long-term, medium term and short term plans, for the development of the ICT Infrastructure requirements as per the ICT strategy
- Responsible for ensuring that deployment projects and work packages are delivered to the expected standards, on time and within budget
- Responsible for network security during deployment, maintenance and support operations. Review, monitor and improves network infrastructure security and undertake regular programme of self-audit
- Ensures that changes affecting the ICT infrastructure during deployment, support and upgrade operations take place in a controlled and auditable manner Participate in committee meetings as appropriate
- Responsible for Management of SLAs and contracts between KRA and the ICT infrastructure service providers. Acts as the final point of escalation in the event of breach of SLAs and contracts
- Develops and prepares annual budget estimate for the unit and prioritises projects according to budgetary allocation
- Provides technical advice in the development of technical specification of ICT equipment for procurement and assists in developing of Business Cases according to the ICT strategy
- Improves IT infrastructure, reviews and implements ICT procedures, and maintaining best practices in ICT infrastructure
- Provides feedback to issues raised during audit and ensures that appropriate corrective action is taken according to audit recommendations
- Acts as the primary liaison person with 3rd party service providers in ensuring successful deployment of all ICT infrastructure projects such as LANs,WANs,IPT, power back-up etc
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements
Academic Qualifications/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Masters Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNA or Cisco Certified Internet Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Certification in business continuity
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
Relevant Work Experience Required
- The post holder should have at least five (5) years progressive experience in the IT environment, with at least two (2) years entry-level management responsibility in a large or busy organization.
- Significant experience of leading and managing an ICT teams.
- Experience on successful management and supervision of staff including target setting, performance monitoring, appraisal, development and motivation.
Technical Skills Required
The Job holder should have:
- Proficiency with operating systems and network security protocols
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in design, implementation and support of layered network models at the Access, Distribution/Aggregation, Core, and Data center locations
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in the design, implementation and support of BGP in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in the design, implementation, and support of MPLS
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in the selection, procurement, installation, and configuration of enterprise class routers and switching products
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, UPS, and electrical
- Understanding and experience of good communication between ICT professionals and the customers who use their services.
- Ability to manage teams responsible for architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Ability to manage internal and external projects from inception to completion
The Job holder should have:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Good negotiation skills
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)