Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
- The Manager Service Support is responsible for coordinating and managing ICT user support and asset management in the Region of responsibility.
- Define and regularly review incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users and conducting trend analysis.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Ensures all IT Services in the region are serving users and Taxpayers at all times
- Support the business in ensuring key systems, networks, scanners are functioning as required in Kilindini and other areas
- Liaise with key government agencies and resolve IT related issues/challenges and optimize on provision of IT services.
- Set performance targets for direct reports and ensure that they are achieved.
- Develop the annual work plan for the Service Support unit.
- Coordinate with the KRA Regional and Station Managers to ensure that ICT services are provided promptly.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Conduct performance management in the unit to ensure that the mutual needs of the staff and Authority are being met.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- IT Governance & Service Level Management i.e. ITIL, COBIT or equivalent
- Microsoft certifications; Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solution Associate(MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
Relevant Work Experience/ Technical Skills Required
- The post holder should have at least five (5) years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least two (2) years’ at entry-level management in a large or busy organization
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in setup and troubleshooting of complex Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Proficiency in IT Service Management Systems. Mastery in creation of dashboards, Configuration Management, Automated workflows and Reporting
- Hands on experience supporting enterprise Email Systems (Server and Client) such as Domino Lotus Notes/ MS Exchange/ Microsoft 365. Troubleshooting server side relay issues up to and including secure email gateways and smart hosts.
The job holder must:
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of making decisions in complex situations
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Possess good negotiation skills
- Have good business knowledge
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)