Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Work Station: Nairobi
This role is responsible for Installation and configuration of databases, data backups and restoration, database monitoring and performance tuning and securing of databases.
- Installs, deploys and configures database setups and software platforms.
- Monitors database systems performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available and running optimally;
- Carries out database changes and updates during deployments of application releases.
- Performs backups and recovery of data
- Implements relevant software updates and patches
- Implements procedures that will sustain database security
- Maintains documentation for all database instance parameters and system settings
- Performs appropriate database sizing activities and interface with Third Parties as required
- Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority applications developers and testers.
- Executes data extraction for reporting as per user requests.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Certification in Database administration.
- Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Windows
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Web Application servers i.e JBoss , Oracle Weblogic
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on experience in RDBMS installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Have working experience in Unix and Windows operating systems.
Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrable skills in management of enterprise databases on RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySql and MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and performance tune databases for optimal performance
- Proven experience in Programming/scripting languages such as SQL, PL/SQL
- Demonstrable skills to install and configure Linux/ Windows installations
- Ability to administer Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Knowledge of Business continuity management
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)