Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Work Station: Nairobi
The role entails performing administration activities of KRA storage systems primarily provisioning of storage and server resources.
- Carries out installation, configuration, support and maintenance of storage area networks (SAN) and associated technology.
- Undertakes administration of SAN switches, servers and associated technologies.
- Provisions server and storage resources as per user requirements.
- Reviews documented processes, procedures, upgrades and problems for the SAN storage
- Undertakes upgrading of SAN software, monitoring of performance and evaluation of trends.
- Conducts patching of operating system software and other utilities
- Monitors, troubleshoots and performance tuning of systems.
- Implementing of virtualisation technology including creation Virtual machines
- Performs Backup and Restoration of Virtual Machines/physical machines.
- Ensure Conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements
Academic Qualifications/ Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/ Microsoft Certified Engineer
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Oracle Certified Administrator
- SAN storage management
- CCNA Certification – CISCO Certified Network Associate
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Minimum of one (1 ) year hands-on experience in managing enterprise storage systems (storage provisioning, tuning and troubleshooting), Unix/Windows operating systems in a busy Data Centre environment
- Proven ability to administer leading models of storage system
- Excellent knowledge of Business continuity management
Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrable skills in administration of SAN switches, servers and associated technologies
- Demonstrable skills in administration of Virtualization software i.e. VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V
- Proven ability to install and configure Linux/ Windows installations,
- Demonstrable ability to plan and implement installations and upgrading of Storage Area Networks (SAN) systems,
- Demonstrable skills in performing SAN systems administration tasks such as resources provisioning, servers and storage virtualization
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)