Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Work Station: Nairobi
This role is responsible for performing software installation and configuration, systems monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and securing systems.
- Configure servers as per user requirements.
- Installs, configures and maintains software
- Implements relevant software updates and patches and service packs on servers to ensure they are up to date;
- Monitors system performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available;
- Deploys application software releases as per deployment instructions
- Maintains documentation for server parameters and system settings.
- Reviews documented processes and procedures including server inventory.
- Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority applications developers and testers.
- Implements security procedures to secure systems.
- Performs backup operations and recovery.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic Qualifications/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Red Hat/Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Certified Engineer
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Virtualization software training i.e. VM Ware, Citrix, Hyper-V
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to install and configure Unix/Linux/ Windows installations.
- Ability to manage systems installations including mix of Operating system, databases and applications
- Skills in Business continuity management
- Skills to administer Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Ability to manage databases on RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySql and MS SQL Server
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Have at least one (1) year working experience in Unix/ Linux/Windows operating systems in a busy environment
- Ability to implement servers and storage virtualization.
- Ability to plan and set-up server installations including security hardening and software patching.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)