Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Corporate Support Services
Division: Information and Communication Technology
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
The Job Holder is responsible for maintaining up-to-date Software Assets Management (SAM) , actively participate in software research, facilitate and ensure timely renewal schedule of licenses, participate in software audits, vendor Management and participate in tender negotiations and evaluation of licensed products.
- Develop scripts to determine license usage.
- Maintains/Ensures licence compliance in the Authority
- Administer software usage analysis (surveys) to establish utilization (over or underutilization).
- Negotiate optimal license models with software vendors & manufacturers to optimize on software license costs with a view of achieving sustainable license costs.
- Actively engage and facilitate user requests for allocation of licenses
- Maintain custody of all artifacts required by software assets.
- Inspect received licenses in liaison with requesting departments and Supply Chain Management.
- Track and report on implementation status of compliance audit recommendations for compliance with software licenses terms and conditions.
- Conduct license impact assessment of changes to IT infrastructure to recommend and advice on license optimization.
- Prepare documentation required for processing of payments for license renewals.
- Conduct regular sensitization on Software Asset Management to enhance compliance with software asset procedures, framework and policies.
- Spearhead and Monitor the deployment of licenses on a day to day basis to identify compliance issues in relevant time
- Monitor and report on utilization of software subscriptions and Open source deployment in the authority and provide recommendations on required upgrades/updates
- Participate in cross-functional teams and committees from time to time to offer licensing advice and analysis.
- Deputise the Assistant Manager ICT – License Management from time to time.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001: 2015 and 27001: 2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems / Business IT / Social Science / Computer Science/ Business Administration/Management Course.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Certification or training in at least one of the following areas:
- Project Management
- IT Governance
- Supervisory Skills Training, Change Management, Asset Management
- ACCA, CISM, CISA, Practicing Certificate, Power BI, IDEA
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge and experience in various software licensing schemes and methodologies
- Experience in license cost optimization strategies
- Expertise in software license management, especially in interpreting contract language, excellent contract analysis and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in developing queries and use of license auditing tools to monitor usage information of the deployed software products.
- Excellent reporting skills through use of dashboard tools such as Power BI, and Crystal reports.
- Sufficient data analytics skills
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have worked in a busy IT environment for at least three (3) years post-graduation.
- Working knowledge of Asset Management technologies and Service Management tools and Databases, i.e. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL, IT Service Management Tool (ITSM)
- Proficient in developing queries and use of license auditing tools to monitor usage information of the deployed software products.
- Possess extensive research and development skills to keep up with emerging technology and act as software advisor.
- Financial literacy on procurement practices as related to software license and contract management.
- Superior understanding and awareness of relevant industry trends and issues, as well as vendor organizations and business practices within the field of software license management and compliance.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 7th May 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)