Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust was founded in 1999.
We welcome more than 300 children on two campuses in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Karen campus includes toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes as well as primary grades 1 to 8 and High School.
The Lavington campus consists of toddler, playgroup, and kindergarten classes in addition to primary grades 1, 2, and 3.
We have over 45 teachers and staff across both campuses, including academic educators, learning support staff, musicians, games coaches, grounds keepers, full service kitchen staffs, security teams and administration.
What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, as increasing demands of modern life and its related social, political, and economic issues require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community which shares the vision of raising and educating children holistically, in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute toward establishing a more peaceful and sustainable world.
We are connected to the global Waldorf community and are part of the growing Waldorf movement in East Africa.
Our school is proud to host mentors and teachers from around the world, offering a diverse experience for our children and community members alike.
We are governed by an elected Board of Trustees composed of faculty, administration, parents, and respected members of the community.
They, in partnership with the school management, develop and establish school policies, oversee financial decisions, and approve faculty and staff appointments.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable, and happy human beings.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The School Manager
Application Deadline: Friday, 07th May, 2021
Job Purpose: Leading the development and implementation of NWST Human Resource strategy, policies, and procedures to achieve School Mission and Vision
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of human resource strategy and alignment with the overall School’s strategic plan.
- Formulating and ensuring implementation and continuous adherence to Human Resource policies and procedures through adoption of best HR practices in line with legal framework and strategic plan.
- Planning & ensuring the availability of human resources for current and future school needs through recruitment in line with the approved budget.
- Leading and managing Employee Relations to deliver harmonious work relations and a safe and secure work environment in line with local, international standards and legislative guidelines.
- Implementing service quality, customer excellence and change initiatives to achieve required school performance and culture.
- Designing, developing, and implementing a people compensation and benefits strategy to attract and retain a motivated workforce aligned to the overall strategic plan.
- Leading in the preparation, analysis & management of HR reports and presentation to the board and management for decision making.
- Responsible for talent management in all departments including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Identifying & recommending best practices for innovation to ensure new & improved processes, procedures and methodologies.
The individual will work in liaison with (Internally) the Board, School Manager, Pedagogical Team, Heads of Departments, Staff and (Externally) Regulatory bodies.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related subjects
- Certified Human Resource Management Professional (CHRP)
- Higher Diploma in HRM
- A Practicing Certificate
- Full Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent Communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Ethical, Respectful, passionate and transformational
- Ability to formulate and implement the HR strategy
- Decisive, analytical and able to manage change, talent and solve problems
- Leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to design and implement performance systems
- Employee and Industrial Relations skills
- Trends and diversity management skills
- Ability to manage information
- Service Delivery and 3rd Party management
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the Position Title, Current and Expected salary on the subject line.
Applications must be received by Friday, 07th May, 2021.
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.