Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Chef – Riara Food Court,
Riara Food Court is a restaurant based along Riara Road in Kilimani, Nairobi. We are looking to hire a well-experienced Chef responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and hygiene is maintained at the highest level at all times. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach, attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
- Prepare food/beverages of the required quality and quantity at the right time.
- Work within existing food health and safety guidelines at work.
- Requisition of stock, materials, supplies or equipment (maintain records on a daily basis)
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team at the restaurant.
- Ensure that all equipment used is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced.
- Report customer compliments and complaints immediately to the management where necessary.
- Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain the inventory record of all kitchen supplies
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
Requirements and Qualifications
- Diploma/A certificate in hotel and catering management or food and beverage from a recognized institution.
- Must have a valid medical certificate/ food handlers’ medical certificate.
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the catering industry (including pastries and beverages)
- Proficiency in computer applications & record keeping.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure; (weekends and public holidays) with minimal supervision.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place preferably.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef – Riara Food Court) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 7th May 2021.