Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HOSTEL WARDENS –3 POSITIONS
The responsibility of hostel warden is to coordinate and oversee all activities and programs running in hostels. He/she is responsible for managing and ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of hostel facilities and maintaining a friendly environment in which each student can live and learn.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the health, hygiene and general welfare of the students residing in the halls of residence.
- Attend to all matters of health, sickness, diet, sanitation and cleanliness
- Ensure that students observe the rules framed for their guidance and maintenance of decorum.
- In liaison with the security officer, ensure security of the students in and around the halls of residence.
- Visit the students at any time in their rooms for their welfare and safety.
- To supervise the maintenance of the hostel facilities provided and to plan for upgrading and maintenance of these facilities in the halls of residence.
- Arbitrate and /or mediating between student disputes thus ensuring good order and behavior is maintained in the hostels
- Available for “on call –duty” whenever required, which provides emergency cover in the evenings and weekends.
- Assisting the Hostel Administrator with the admission of new students
- Address grievances and complaints from students
- Providing relevant information about the students whenever it is required.
- Coordination of provision of health services
- In liaison with the health officer, offering appropriate first aid support .
- Taking part in implementation fire drills, crime prevention and health & safety awareness initiatives
- Responding to on–site emergencies (burst pipes, broken windows, burglaries, locked out of rooms etc.)
- Maintaining accurate records and writing reports to help to identify trends that may require action.
- To coordinate with the management for framing policies, rules and regulations.
- To perform any other responsibility assigned by the management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be computer proficient (MS Office)
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be mature, works well under pressure and able to multitask.
- Have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Minimum one years experience in Student Affairs Department or working with the youth.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 5th May 2021.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE –CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 –00100, NAIROBI