Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other forms of violence and provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is a hub that co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti and hosts the organizations’ regional logistics, technical and training support units serving the Horn and Great Lakes Region.
The Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) is responsible for and coordinates information management (IM) at a delegation level/department level.
S/he ensures that the covered delegation(s)/department(s) manage its/their information efficiently (with the right organization, processes, and tools) and in line with related institutional guidelines and practices.
S/he works closely with the IM Head of the region (field) or the IM unit (HQ) to ensure that all information management-related issues are addressed, and questions answered.
This is a Kenyan national position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures coherence in information management practices in the delegation(s) and subsites s/he is responsible for (Nairobi, Addis Ababa, African Union, Somalia, and Kampala); conducts regular visits to those sites;
- Draws up action plans to be discussed/validated with the management of those delegations; ensures the follow-up of these action plans and supports the (executive) assistant & IM Officer to implement them;
- Implements, promotes, and monitors IM guidelines, projects and tools and more broadly AIM division activities in order to achieve better IM consistency;
- Is the reference person for all information management related questions, ensures a consistent approach and that consolidated answers are given on all IM related subjects;
- Based on analysis of needs and processes, proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of the information life cycle;
- Actively seeks and develops internal collaboration and synergies with other departments – particularly with staff in charge of data management – to “raise flags” and ensures that IM guidelines rules are applied;
- Ensures compliance with information and data security (including Data Protection Office (DPO) recommendations) and other institutionally approved rules;
- Systematically organizes or supervises information or training sessions for staff on IM subjects in coordination with the (executive) assistant & IM officer;
- Contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding AIM and IM strategies;
- Evaluates and ensures that IM competencies are in place and that the setup is adapted to needs (including IM relays);
- Together with the (executive) assistant & IM Officer, organizes and facilitates IM national seminars/workshops;
- Acts as a technical supervisor of the (executive) assistants & IM officers: participates in their recruitment; advises, supports, and provides/arranges training and coaching to build and develop their skills on all IM related aspects;
- Acts as a blue line for (executive) assistants and IM officers of the delegations covered.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information management or other relevant certification;
- Minimum 3 -5 years confirmed practical IM experience (as IM Officer or Manager) in an international working environment or with an international organization;
- Certified Information Professional (CIP) from Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) is an asset;
- Proven experience in leading a team and in change management;
- Knowledge of main IM systems and excellent command of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and digital tools (MS Sharepoint, Jive Communities);
- Information Security management and records management Advisory, coaching, and mentoring;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (knowledge of French is a strong asset);
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 14th May 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Information Management Coordinator must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.